hitting the end of the line.

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
MarkD

Re: hitting the end of the line.

Post by MarkD »

My Dad was once hospitalized and had a catheter. He wasn't entirely in his right mind and kept pulling the catheter out. When it came out it made a popping sound, like the one you make when you pop your finger against the inside of your mouth, against the cheek.

Cringe.
toad

Post by toad »

Well I hooked up my leg bag, and put on clean clothes, and went to check out a Smart Car. If you ever want to know how a pair of brown shoes feels at a black tie affair, show up at a Mercedes-Benz dealership, in blue jeans, sneakers, and a base ball cap. I got to go sit in the Smart Car area of the dealer ship ground floor. It had one smart car in it. All the other cars were spiffy Mercs. I did steal a diet Dr. Pepper from the Mercedes treat and waiting area though. When I finally got home, got off the bus, and was walking through the parking lot, the strap on my leg bag let loose. I learned some new athletic maneuvers and ways of walking until I got back to my apartment. I probably looked like I had a bloody squirrel up my pant's leg.
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

toad wrote:Well I hooked up my leg bag, and put on clean clothes, and went to check out a Smart Car. If you ever want to know how a pair of brown shoes feels at a black tie affair, show up at a Mercedes-Benz dealership, in blue jeans, sneakers, and a base ball cap. I got to go sit in the Smart Car area of the dealer ship ground floor. It had one smart car in it. All the other cars were spiffy Mercs. I did steal a diet Dr. Pepper from the Mercedes treat and waiting area though. When I finally got home, got off the bus, and was walking through the parking lot, the strap on my leg bag let loose. I learned some new athletic maneuvers and ways of walking until I got back to my apartment. I probably looked like I had a bloody squirrel up my pant's leg.
"Some thought he had religion, others thought he had a demon, but Harv thought he had a Weed-Eater loose in his Fruit-of-the-Looms." :twisted:
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
toad

Post by toad »

I'll let someone else start the puns this time :mrgreen:
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

toad wrote:I'll let someone else start the puns this time :mrgreen:
Sorry, but your mention of the squirrel up the pant leg was just too good a straight line to ignore. :lol:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
toad

Post by toad »

I'm voting for Rod as toughest. Two TURP's 6 months apart beats me. I've had surgeries at 6 months apart but they were for different things.
My urologist may drill for urine in the next week or so to bypass my prostate. I get the feeling that the Doc thinks that's no big deal though.
Rod, do you think middle school students would get a kick out of me playing bagpipe tunes on a urine collection bag? I thought I'd start with "Scotland the Brave?"
"Squirk, squirk, Squarsquirk,quirk,quirk, squiess,squiess, sqauquirk, squirk, squirk." :twisted:
Rod

Post by Rod »

toad wrote:I'm voting for Rod as toughest. Two TURP's 6 months apart beats me. I've had surgeries at 6 months apart but they were for different things.
My urologist may drill for urine in the next week or so to bypass my prostate. I get the feeling that the Doc thinks that's no big deal though.
Rod, do you think middle school students would get a kick out of me playing bagpipe tunes on a urine collection bag? I thought I'd start with "Scotland the Brave?"
"Squirk, squirk, Squarsquirk,quirk,quirk, squiess,squiess, sqauquirk, squirk, squirk." :twisted:
Good, as long as you play and not spray.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
toad

Post by toad »

Well the urologist prescribed me some do it your self catheters. They are single use and reduce the chances of infection. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks and it seems to be working out OK. I can go 4 to 6 hours between drains and I've been catching up on my sleep deficit.
The Doc says there is a good chance my bladder will recover and I'll be able to pee on my own after a while.
So far I haven't had to use my soft face hammer to get them in far enough. :mrgreen:
Rod

Post by Rod »

Reminds me of the story about the three hunters trading stories. First one said the most painful thing I ever remember was when I peed a kidney stone the size of a pea. Second one said that's nothing, I once had my hand broken with a hammer. Third guys says you're both pikers. I was out hunting years ago and had to take a crap so I dropped trous and squatted. Didn't know I was right over a bear trap. The other two guys say GAWD that must have been painful. He said, that was nothing, you should have heard me scream when I hit the end of that chain.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist