A Lexicon of Social Justice

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Old Grafton

A Lexicon of Social Justice

Post by Old Grafton »

From Breitbart today, 3-25-2015 Definite Rep points and a Hat Tip to the author, Milo Yiannopoulos.......

Ableism The unfortunate biological reality that some people are bigger and stronger than others
Abuse Tweets
Ageism The internalised misogyny of Mother Nature
Heterosexism The awkward reality that most people aren’t gay. Can be remedied with the proper social conditioning
Critical theory Horseshit
Death threats Mean tweets
Dominant culture The stuff people actually like. Not to be confused with taxpayer-funded lesbian performance art, which would surely break all Box Office records if only more people got to see it
Equality Used to mean giving everyone a fair chance; now means enforcing 50-50 quotas in jobs women don’t want to do in order to punish men for being good at maths and physics
Feminism Misandry masquerading as a fight against oppression and prejudice on the basis of sex; what unattractive men and women do to get attention
Gender A word the general public doesn’t really understand. Used to defend feminists who prefer shot-putting to ballroom dancing and to pretend that this is normal and that they have every chance of some day finding a boyfriend
Glass ceiling My career isn’t doing as well as I think it should be, because I’m an insufferable, hateful, jealous bore, and I am looking for someone to blame
Intersectionality A debate strategy: when you’re losing an argument about feminism, call your opponent racist or, even more damningly, capitalist
LGBT Gays and lezzers
LGBTIQQAA Ugh, even we have no idea
Manslamming I launched myself at an unsuspecting member of the public while yelling “SEE, PATRIARCHY!” and sadly he didn’t have time to dodge out of the way so we both went down
Mansplaining See ‘misogyny’
Manspreading What about my fucking handbag?
Marginalized A writer insufficiently talented to attract attention on his or her own merits, forced to resort to identity politics
Microaggressions Imaginary slights, to be conjured in the absence of genuine grievance
Misogyny I am woman who got beaten by a man in an argument and I’m pissed
Oppression I failed the interview
Patriarchy A word to use when you don’t get your own way, however unreasonable your statements or demands. See also: “Waaaaaaaaaah!”, “IT’S NOT FAIR!”, “Dad, I hate you!”
Patreon A monthly donation website; the internet equivalent of a begging bowl in the subway. Best utilised after an extensive press tour in which you complain about “threats” and “abuse” (q.v.) following your vital work (blog posts whining about structural heteropatriarchal capitalist oppression), whether or not you are able to provide evidence of said threats. (Journalists won’t care either way.) Gullible halfwits and men desperate for sex will donate money to you to prove they’re “not all like that” and in the hope of a hand job
Persecution Someone commented on my blog post
Police report What to say when you’re losing an argument to scare an interlocutor into silence
Prejudice Some people have opinions that aren’t ours. These can be stamped out or silenced with enough grievance-mongering and intimidation on Twitter
Privilege What white middle-class feminists have and their victims don’t
Problematic I can probably spin a blog post out of this
Rape culture Does not exist
Rape threats Very mean tweets
Safe space A blog with the comments turned off
Sex Best avoided
Silenced A feminist who has been disagreed with who is currently arranging television and radio interviews
Social justiceBullying
System of oppression More than one person disagreed with me on the internet
Transgender A psychiatric disorder reimagined as a “civil rights issue” because we’ve literally run out of things to complain about
Triggered How college students avoid homework
Wage gap A useful bit of mythology, to be repeated at all times so no one notices that actually women under 30 earn more than men for the same work

Pure Genius.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
PawPaw

Re: A Lexicon of Social Justice

Post by PawPaw »

I wondered what some of those words meant. Thanks

I thought LGBT was a sandwich (lettuce, guacamole, bacon and tomato).
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Uh huh. In a 30 year career, if my immediate manager wasn't female, his manager was (and in many cases both were female). I've had to take on extra work while women went out on maternity leave (they couldn't be replaced because their job had to be there when they got back). Then they got promotions a month after coming back because their projects did SO well during the last year (ten months of which they weren't there and I was doing the work). Complaints were answered with "Well, she has a baby now, she needs the money".

I did a tech interview at a former consulting company for a candidate who was pretty weak, technically. The recruiter told me they'd probably hire her because she was a black woman. I told them do as they see fit, but I'd still be documenting the results of my interview, so when her client complained about her lack of technical ability they couldn't blame ME for passing her.

I've had to work on Holy Week so Jewish co-workers could have off for Passover. I've been asked to work on Thanksgiving because I didn't have any parents, wife or children at the time (and there was no NEED for anyone to work, the company was just trying to get some extra billing in. Double time for holiday, although I'd have been paid straight time).

But I'm the one with the privilege who's oppressing....everyone it seems. I don't know how you people put up with me. Oh, wait, many of you are my fellow oppressors.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Oppressor, yep, that's me; an invulnerable Jabba-The-Hutt; irredeemable sexist/raciss bastard, glass-ceiling glazier, etc. Now that we've established all that just do the fockin' job for which you were hired or I'll can yer azz and get somebody else.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

There's a billion different ways to be a victim.

My favorite is when Joe Blow insists that he needs to be constantly let off early to tend to his fuck trophies and Bob Bagadonitz can pick up the slack because Bob's single without children, so his time is inherently less valuable. It's not Joe's fault nobody loves Bob. Stop oppressing Joe.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho, I used to feel much the same way, and then I had kids. Sometimes kids get sick, and can't go to their normal babysitter/daycare/etc. to keep from spreading illness any more than can be avoided. At that point, no matter how many backup providers you have in place, it comes down to choosing the person you care about least out of those whom you trust to watch your kids while you are at work... Unless you are a total douchebag, you don't do that, (and if you are a DB, it's a good way to lose your care provider) and therefore you have to stay home to care for them.

I had a conversation with my foreman at work last year about that exact subject, basically bemoaning the fact that I had to do that, and how much I hated being that guy. He told me "Nobody wants to be that guy. Then you have kids, and you have to take care of your kids, so you become that guy." Like it or not.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Jericho941 wrote:My favorite is when Joe Blow insists that he needs to be constantly let off early to tend to his fuck trophies and Bob Bagadonitz can pick up the slack because Bob's single without children, so his time is inherently less valuable.
Try to console yourself with the hope that Joe just might raise his kids right. At least right enough so they grow up to be the taxpayers paying for your old age...
Greg

Post by Greg »

Denis wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:My favorite is when Joe Blow insists that he needs to be constantly let off early to tend to his fuck trophies and Bob Bagadonitz can pick up the slack because Bob's single without children, so his time is inherently less valuable.
Try to console yourself with the hope that Joe just might raise his kids right. At least right enough so they grow up to be the taxpayers paying for your old age...
Bolded for emphasis. I know you're not one of those people, and I'm not trying to pick on you... but I find that topic infuriating.

Fuck the welfare state and fuck the way it treats productive people's children as a resource. A commons, actually. And as with any commons, there is no incentive to add to it (raising children, especially raising them to be non-feral productive citizens, is exhausting, difficult, expensive *work* that society seems to be hell-bent to make as much more difficult and expensive as possible) and every incentive to suck as much out of the trough as you possibly can.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Netpackrat wrote:Jericho, I used to feel much the same way, and then I had kids. Sometimes kids get sick, and can't go to their normal babysitter/daycare/etc. to keep from spreading illness any more than can be avoided. At that point, no matter how many backup providers you have in place, it comes down to choosing the person you care about least out of those whom you trust to watch your kids while you are at work... Unless you are a total douchebag, you don't do that, (and if you are a DB, it's a good way to lose your care provider) and therefore you have to stay home to care for them.

I had a conversation with my foreman at work last year about that exact subject, basically bemoaning the fact that I had to do that, and how much I hated being that guy. He told me "Nobody wants to be that guy. Then you have kids, and you have to take care of your kids, so you become that guy." Like it or not.

When it happens once in a while, it comes under the heading of "excrement occurs". Next time it'll you it happens to, so suck it up. When it's a case of "I have to leave at 2:00 every day to pick up my kid from school, so you have to work until 7:00 to do my work and yours because you don't have kids" then it becomes a case of sticking an umbrella up my ass and trying to open it.

It's just like getting sick. Once every couple months having to call in sick because you've got the squirts/crud/coughing-up-a-lung? Fine, feel better, I'll cover for you. Call in sick two days a week? Screw off.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Here's some more alternative definitions,

1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
10 Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. Pokemon (n), a Rastafarian proctologist.
14. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your soul flies up
onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men

Hat tip, Boned Jello.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House