For fans of "Big Bang Theory"

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Rod

Re: For fans of "Big Bang Theory"

Post by Rod »

Aesop, you mentioned the Carol Burnette Show. Did you know anyone who worked on it or did you work on it? Seriously now, did the crew ever get hysterical at some of the bits that went on there?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Erik wrote:
Mo K wrote:Have y'all ever seen Last Man Standing? We rarely watch ABC/NBC/CBS, etc. It was a conservative friend who turned us on to it. We had many eps. recorded when our Dtv box died and we lost all of our DVR'd eps. but we'd seen enough of it that we were hooked. There are many on YouTube. Worth checking out. Tim Allen despises Obama, at least in the series. I can't believe that it's been on since 2011 AND on ABC. it's so politically incorrect, right up my alley.
Yeah, I've seen it, I like it. It was on at night here at one of the smaller channels as a filler show.
It's a good show, and it's original because "the Conservative" is not the object of laughter all the time. And it actually has a lot of other good values in it, like the "free market" jokes when his daughter is running a business shuffling snow. He rents her (not lends her) his snow blower so she can compete with the competitions prices, and she ends up renting the competitions snow blower for less money instead. His comment: "I love that girl!"
My wife and I have been watching it on Netflix, they just added an extra season or two. One of the few sitcoms worth watching.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

The longer you go without watching something with a laugh track, the more off-putting it is when you do.

Ten years ago I wouldn't have thought anything of it on shows like Friends or whatever. Now I hear it and it's irritating enough that I immediately watch something else.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Rod wrote:Aesop, you mentioned the Carol Burnette Show. Did you know anyone who worked on it or did you work on it? Seriously now, did the crew ever get hysterical at some of the bits that went on there?
Good heavens, I'd have to be a seasoned citizen to have any direct experience (other than catching it Saturday/Sunday nights @10 without letting the parents know I was up watching it). I ain't anywhere close yet.

I've met people who worked on it, and they said with Korman and Conway in particular, breaking the cast/crew was bragging rights, and they'd save their choicest attempts for taping nights.

Like the Elephant Story.
Also, the famous Bob Mackie drapery gown(@13:10) from "Went With The Wind" was evidently never pulled out until tape night, so even the crew got in on trying to one-up each other.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"