If I had a restaurant..

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Greg

Re: If I had a restaurant..

Post by Greg »

Rumpshot wrote:Not "clotted cream", but something I enjoyed as a youth with my Grandmother, was "blanket" cream on white bread with sugar. The "blanket" was the very heaviest, thickest cream that floated on the top of whole milk. It had a thick, homogeneous character. On real white bread, spread with sugar, made a great breakfast.
I put heavy cream and brown sugar in my oatmeal. Closest I get.

Yours sounds like something they used to do in my fathers family. Put something bread-y in a bowl, soak it in dairy (depends on what's available) and eat it with a spoon. It's a hoot when he does that with a piece of cake and some half and half.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:I had some idea what clotted cream was, but now after I double-checked... I want some. Scones with clotted cream and jam sounds *heavenly*.
It's one of my best memories of our trip to London.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

CByrneIV wrote:Agreed. My favorite way to enjoy hot tea, is with whole milk and a bit of sugar.

Not too much of either. Just enough to give it body.

That's roughly what would be referred to as a "milk tea" vs. a "milky tea" or "cream tea".
The little bit of sugar seems to wake up the flavor. It almost acts like a touch of salt in other things does.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D