Dremel fever.

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
toad

Dremel fever.

Post by toad »

After a nerve racking WECSOG reduction of hammer hump on a TAPSCO G-2 hammer, I'm thinking I ought to put my Dremel tool in a safety deposit box or bury it some place.
Am I alone with this feeling?
Yogimus

Re: Dremel fever.

Post by Yogimus »

"tickfart operable"? :mrgreen:
cu74

Post by cu74 »

There are definitely some projects where the Dremel is NOT your friend.... :(
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
toad

Post by toad »

Well function OK and enough material and mass in the right place to strike the firing pin and dent the hard Com Bloc primers, but I was left with the feeling that I didn't need to take off as much as I did for good function. I was whacking away for a perfect feel with a slow controlled forward motion with my hand on the charging handle feeling for ultimate smoothness and forgot that I was messing with a Russian design. "Eeeef not broke not to be feexing it! Soome hammer drag eees feature not boog. Poot down the Dreeemel and back avay!" "Eeef you slap that charging handle back and it goes forward by self ees good enough. Eess not meant to opperated with pinkie finger." So sayeth the voice of my inner Oopsie. :oops:
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Your inner Oopsie sounds Norwegian.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The Dremel's not really the right tool for that job, but I kind of doubt that you have a belt grinder. Not likely to matter if you are just reducing the hump for clearance since that is nowhere near the engagement surfaces. Speaking of, I'm told that the G2 can be made quite good but it's hardly a job for a Dremel wielding WECSOGger.

Just remember that you are dealing with a cheaply made American copy of Russian parts, so you can't really count on anything being right with them, or on them having the same tolerance for buffoonery.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

Oopsie was trying to get my attention by faking a Roosian Awkceent. :D
Trigger pull with the TAPSCO on this is good two stage military, pre-travel a bit much on first stage, light surprise break on second didn't notice the overtravel. Overall light trigger. Mouse milk grease applied so trigger actually better than my abilities.
Need to reduce heart rate and get more wind. Going to attach large helium balloon to weapon for weight reduction. :lol: