New VA hospital?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Rod

New VA hospital?

Post by Rod »

My wife was at Beaumont AMC in El Paso today getting a cast off her wrist. The doctors, nurses, and technicians are all talking about the changes coming. According to them, a NEW Beaumont Army Medical Center is being built on Fort Bliss proper, and the old hospital will become the new VA hospital for this area. They figure there are just ass many retirees as active duty so this makes sense.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rich

Re: New VA hospital?

Post by Rich »

The lack of a VA medical facility in a city the size of El Paso, considering the high percentage of Army retirees here, has been a scandal for the last 20-30 years. Now to get a mental health facility so we can stop shipping our crazies to Big Springs.

Mostly because they ship them right back. ;)
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Rod

Post by Rod »

Rich wrote:The lack of a VA medical facility in a city the size of El Paso, considering the high percentage of Army retirees here, has been a scandal for the last 20-30 years. Now to get a mental health facility so we can stop shipping our crazies to Big Springs.

Mostly because they ship them right back. ;)
I wasn't shipped back, I came back on my own...minus the white coat with the LOOOONNNNGGGG sleeves.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
cu74

Post by cu74 »

IMHO, VA hospitals and medical centers for the military is the kind of infrastructure that should get first priority when the congress-weasels start working on The One's proposed Infrastructure Program.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

the only way that VA hospitals would get #1 priority from congress is to make it mandatory that congressman, as members of government, MUST use those hospitals for treatment. You would see an amazing turnaround on the care of military retirees and vets.