Joys of living in New Orleans

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Cybrludite

Joys of living in New Orleans

Post by Cybrludite »

Three people killed on New Year's.

Physically mature male (I can hardly call someone who'd do this a man...) runs over girlfriend, a bit over half a mile from my apartment.

That New Year's shooting where the cops iced a dude who shot at them? He was hit 12 times in the back. Poor lighting, confused situation, and all that, but damn! They're going to get raked over the coals for this one.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Rod

Re: Joys of living in New Orleans

Post by Rod »

One story said that Grimes was sitting in his car when police approached. The other doesn't mention where he was. IF he was in the car, then it's possible for him to be hit 12 times in the back. Won't wait for a clarification from NOPD because I know their reputation.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

According to the family, the man shot had a TX CCW... The paper mentioned he had a "9MM w. an extended magazine, and two fully loaded magazines" Which is a pretty typical carry load -- it certainly would be if I was going to NO. (Except it would be 10MM in my case...)

There could be many things going on, not that the NOPD could be trusted to be honest about it, but, I'm suspicious it could have been a case of being black, and armed/perhaps trusting in LAs OC laws, and not worrying about keeping the gun concealed...

(The only thing that ever concerns me about CCW is calming down young cops... I had to do that once, before I carried.)

EDIT

Something's messed up -- the paper said the man was 18... Unless he was in the military, he can't have a TX CCW, so something's wrong in the article... big surprise...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Termite

Post by Termite »

Ag,

Reread the article at the link. It says he was 22. However, it also says that he had a permit......which isn't needed just to purchase/own in Texas. Maybe the paper meant CCW permit, but it doesn't clarify.

Stupid reporters...... :roll:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Then there's this charming... person. (And I use that term very loosely...) :|
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

Cybrludite wrote:That New Year's shooting where the cops iced a dude who shot at them? He was hit 12 times in the back. Poor lighting, confused situation, and all that, but damn! They're going to get raked over the coals for this one.
Depending on the situation, when I operate as "cover car" on traffic stops it puts me directly behind the person/vehicle. So yes, that many hits on his back is easily understood.
And if he was getting out of the vehicle during all this, I can see that many hits and the differing locations.

MORE INFORMATION

14 hits total, 7 Officers involved in the 'shoot' of the 9 present. I agree with the FOP representative, 'surprised he wasn't hit more'.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Just what prey tell is a "high velocity magazine clip"?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

Rumpshot wrote:Just what prey tell is a "high velocity magazine clip"?
I think it's the little spring clip on the bottom of my .40S&W BHP mags that force the mag out at a high velocity when I hit the eject button. :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Rumpshot wrote:Just what prey tell is a "high velocity magazine clip"?
It's the little part that departs at high velocity while stripping your weapon, never again to be found.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Bardon, who apparently lived in the home according to the coroner's office, was pronounced dead on the scene by emergency medical technicians.
Unless something has changed down there, EMT's don't pronounce anyone anything. Coroners pronounce. Everything else is just an educated guess.