RPG help

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Aaron

RPG help

Post by Aaron »

So the wifey and I finally make it back to Washington after being stranded in Oregon for a bit, I've successfully tackled all the various problems at work from being gone to long and the weather being bloody cold, and when I finally get to doing fun stuff, I can't seem to do anything right.

It started at ACE hardware where I bought to boxes of fifty rounds (winchester ball) in .45 and 9mm and paid $13.99 for the .45 and $26.99 for the 9mm. This was a mistake neither I nor the salesperson caught. Worse, I paid cash so I forked over more than I knew I should pay and didn't notice. DUH!

Finally, the weekend time to relax plan out the next GURPs campaign. It's steampunk and set on a different planet (in a whole different dimension but no one knows yet) so I go to my map creator to map out the planet and important sites etc and...
I don't have it. It seems none of my various RPG aids made the migration to the new computer and the only ones I have on CD and the vehicles and character makers which I don't use. Argh.

Did a quick check about the intrawebs for a freeware/shareware program I could use, afterall, my last one was, I could not find anything worth trying to use for a world map. All kinds of stuff for cities and such, but nothing for whole planets. Unless I want to pay $50, which I don't.

Anyone got better google-fu than I? Hell, anything I could use.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Netpackrat

Re: RPG help

Post by Netpackrat »

This is one of those forums, where you are going to have to specify what your acronym means.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

Roll Playing Game I'm guessing.

One of those things made more interesting with the addition of high explosives 8-)
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Sorry about that, the post was written rather hastily (and poorly). Yeah, I mean role playing game.

And yes, everything is better with high explosives.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Well if you need help with a Steampunk Rocket Propelled Grenade then I am your man. Role Playing Games not so much.
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Insert, twist, pull pin, cock hammer, aim, pull trigger, repeat as necessary.

Oh, THAT kind of RPG... No clue man, I've never tabletopped before!
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Sorry, I generally use a pencil and a hex map for that.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I am an old school paper and pencil guy, sorry.

But here is what my Google Fu turned up

One.
Two.
Three.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.