Eclipse

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: Eclipse

Post by randy »

Sorry you feel that way.

My intent wasn't to dump on you, merely answering your question as to why there wasn't more excitement on the forum using myself as an example. Looks some of the other folks shared your excitement once the conversation got going.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Darrell wrote:You know, I came here to share one of the greatest moments of my life. I didn't come here to be shat upon.

I think I am done with this forum.
We all have one thing in common here: our love of guns. Outside of that, everything you post about is a crap-shoot as to whether or not there will be interest or disdain. Well, except for a common hatred of modern progressives.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Darrell wrote:You know, I came here to share one of the greatest moments of my life. I didn't come here to be shat upon.

Some people are naturally contrary. And have peculiar senses of humor.

I know that describes me fairly well, and some others I could name.

Please don't take it personally.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Darrell wrote:
HTRN wrote:
Darrell wrote:I'm a bit surprised there's been no mention of the August 21 total solar eclipse. Anybody planning to see it?
Theres been a bunch of warnings to turn on headlights during it on the bqe this week.
The best warning I've seen:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE WHILE WEARING ECLIPSE GLASSES

:lol:
I know someone who almost walked into a fire (burning tree stump) while wearing them. :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

rightisright wrote:We all have one thing in common here: our love of guns. Outside of that, everything you post about is a crap-shoot as to whether or not there will be interest or disdain. Well, except for a common hatred of modern progressives.
Basically that. I suppose I would have been more interested if it was something I'd had any realistic opportunity to view. One of my cow-orkers was whining about having bought the special glasses to view the partial, and then it was overcast and raining here. Now if you had gotten rained out of a shooting date, I would have felt your pain, and if you'd performed some impressive feat of shooting (or just posted about a new acquisition), your joy would have been my joy.

Similar thing when the ham radio threads get going on here. Lots of you really get into it, but my eyes start glazing over pretty quickly when I look at those threads.

Honestly, the opening sentence of the first post in this thread kind of said it all. I'd guess for most of us, it is something that's probably cool if we happen to get to see it, but not interested enough to go chasing it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I don't think anyone meant to crap on you. We just all have different interests, and we're bluntly honest about whether we share the OP's interest. I'll draw some fire away from you:

- I really like the music of Rush
- I collect fancy china teacups and tea pots.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

You had me at Rush, but lost me at fancy, and teacups.

I've played MMOs for about 15 years. I've played one specifically for over 12 years. My life doesn't revolve around it, but I do enjoy the company of friends who've been with me (at least over an internet connection) for that time. If nothing else, it taught me how to type.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Steamforger wrote:You had me at Rush, but lost me at fancy, and teacups.
Just showing that I am large; I contain multitudes. My family went to England before 9/11 and had tea at the British Museum. The teacups probably have pleasant associations from that. The food and atmosphere were amazing.

Netflix has a Rush biopic (?) or whatever. Very interesting.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'm just a little ashamed to say your avatar finally clicked with me.
randy

Post by randy »

Steamforger wrote:I'm just a little ashamed to say your avatar finally clicked with me.
Now think about his username
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".