A facinating book I am reading online.

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Combat Controller
Site Admin

A facinating book I am reading online.

Post by Combat Controller »

Excerpted mission statement from Rockefeller’s General Education Board as they occur in a document called Occasional Letter Number One (1906):

In our dreams...people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands. The present educational conventions [intellectual and character education] fade from our minds, and unhampered by tradition we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science. We have not to raise up from among them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have ample supply. The task we set before ourselves is very simple...we will organize children...and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.

This mission statement will reward multiple rereadings.

The whole book found here.

To change chapters just replace the 1print with a 2print etc. I am not 100% with his argument, but it is fascinating reading and he makes good points, most of which are valid. Is it a multi generational conspiracy? You be the judge.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.