Look what the dumb SOB has done now.

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Rich

Look what the dumb SOB has done now.

Post by Rich »

Looks like he has scheduled war games with small units in Eastern European nations like Poland and Estonia, Nations that Russia considers "Buffer" states, and left it to Trump to gracefully extricate us to "normal" relations.

As a foreign expert statesman he is perhaps an adequate Community Organizer.

Of course the media is all over this story.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
randy

Re: Look what the dumb SOB has done now.

Post by randy »

And maybe if we had done this in the Ukraine after Putin snatched Crimea they wouldn't be fighting the Russian equivalent of the Condor Legion and a certain civilian airliner would have made it to it's destination.

The Russians in general, and Putin in particular only respect strength, or at least the appearance of it. Those units aren't big enough to stop a full court press, but they do hopefully raise the cost of using their "volunteer" forces to the point that it won't be tried in Poland or the Baltic states.

They certainly aren't sufficient for offensive operations and pose no threat to any legitimate interest of the Russians (and no, I do not consider expansion of their "buffer zone" and re-establishing a new Russian Empire a legitimate interest).

I'm just surprised O had the balls to do even this much. I'm wondering if he just doesn't give a damn and is letting the lower levels do what they should have been doing for years, but didn't fit into The One's world view that his force of personality was all that was needed to stabilize the world.

The fact that the Poles and Baltics are not bitching about German troops being deployed eastward into and around their countries should give a clue on where they think the real problem is.

So Putin is whining. Screw that Ne Kulturny Chekist and his entire government. It wasn't tiptoeing around Russian sensibilities and catering to their feelings that brought down the Soviet Union.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rich

Re: Look what the dumb SOB has done now.

Post by Rich »

I keep thinking "Tripwires for Trump."
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964