Dirty Hippies, A Midget, And An Old Grudge

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Darrell

Dirty Hippies, A Midget, And An Old Grudge

Post by Darrell »

The bizarre backstory to a recent attempted bombing in Nederland, Colorado, a small mountain town west of Boulder:
An old STP sticker, the memory of a cap-gun-toting hippie, a rogue marshal and a 45-year-old grudge all came together earlier this month in a bizarre event that shook the small mountain town of Nederland.

Forty-five years after former Nederland Marshal Renner Forbes killed Guy “Deputy Dawg” Gaughnor, who he considered a nuisance, and then dumped his body near a gold mine shaft, the victim’s friend is accused of seeking vengeance by trying to blow up the Nederland police station, sources familiar with the investigation say.
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/24/bo ... er-forbes/
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Re: Dirty Hippies, A Midget, And An Old Grudge

Post by Netpackrat »

You couldn't make shit like that up, for sure.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Fiction is easier to write than fact, because fiction has to make sense."?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I've heard of midget submarines, but never midget bombers.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You know, i would have understood, if he decided to kill the cop who murdered his friend, but fifteen years after the murderer is dead, with the only people potentially hurt having nothing to do with it?!

STRING HIM UP. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

"That's the first time I've ever seen a firing squad working from the prone position, Governor..."
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Rod

Post by Rod »

"...in a village shopping center where the small police station sits beneath a massage and acupuncture parlor..."
that's one of the funniest lines in a story with amazingly hilarious lines. Also a very strange mall it seems.
"John Callahan, 70, who now operates the “Carousel of Happiness” in the same shopping center as the police station, said people in Nederland were afraid of the STPs in the early 1970s."
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

HTRN wrote:You know, i would have understood, if he decided to kill the cop who murdered his friend, but fifteen years after the murderer is dead, with the only people potentially hurt having nothing to do with it?!
Kinda sounds like the reparations movement.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I remember when the news came out about the murdering cop. I thought that would be the end of the story, of course. Weird.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.