Paging HTRN

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Denis

Paging HTRN

Post by Denis »

HTRN,

This sine bar thread on HSM just got necro'd. I notice you posted a link - now dead - to some clever gadget, but I can't figure out what the link was to. Do you remember?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thread ... -bar/page2
Cobar

Re: Paging HTRN

Post by Cobar »

I'm not htrn, but was it an adjustable angle block?
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

It was a multi step "ladder" for common angles used on a sine bar. Really easy to copy if you have a surface grinder. I think cdco might sell a cheap import knock off.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

That is cool. Never saw anything like that but it makes sense.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

For the home shop guy it's expensive for some thing that probably doesn't get used very often. I think the us made one was over 300 bucks, here's a home made one.

BTW little machine shop has a sine bar calculator on their website, rather than bothering to figure out the math.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

I just use a machinists calc pro for trig. I can do the math. I I even like to, but the calculator is faster. Of course stacking gage blocks takes time too.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That's why you use a mike and a.planar gage on all none critical angles. :ugeek:

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Yup that would work. I think I've used a sine bar about 3 time since school.