My flying car has arrived...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
JustinR

Re: My flying car has arrived...

Post by JustinR »

MarkD wrote:Shit, people scare the crap out of me on the roads NOW when they can only control their cars in two dimensions. I can't imagine what they'd do on the airborne version of the Garden State Parkway if they can move in three dimensions while simultaneously texting, changing the radio station, yelling at the kids and lighting a cigarette and they realize they're on level 7 on the far left and their a half-mile from their exit on level 1 on the right.
This.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
BDK

Post by BDK »

I'd be more impressed w. some manner of muti rotor chopper, or something akin to an Uber for helicopters. I have to, fairly regularly, make a 90 mile drive, which can take from 1.5 -3.5 hours depending on traffic - and, these days, unless I make it at 5AM, is usually around 2.5 hours.

For grins and giggles, I've considered taking a chopper, as I can charter one for $600/hour, but its a bit much for just me - however, if there was a ride share program, or a way to subscribe to access to it, or hire a turboprop, and break it up among more folks, I'd be interested.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

When I'm not texting from the iPhone I'll upload a photo of Henry Ford's 1930's era airplane for the masses, the flying flivver. Even he didn't try to build a mule.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I used to commute 65 miles every day, each way. Part of that (and a large part of the time it took) was on the D.C. Beltway. Yeah, those morons need to be put in the air, all right. :roll: The Baltimore-Washington Parkway has accidents and delays at the exact same spots, every day. Every. Day. Those fools never learn. Unless the thing is completely automated, with zero input from the "pilot," I want to be nowhere near the sky freeway. The Flying Flivver may have been an economically possible aircraft, but anything that kills the test pilot (who flew it to work for a year and a half) is going to be pure carnage in the hands of 150,000 commuters.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.