Costco has ammo cans

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Costco has ammo cans

Post by Netpackrat »

Seems to me like a clear communist plot to seed substandard ammo cans among the militia, aided by an anti-self defense distribution network.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:Seems to me like a clear communist plot to seed substandard ammo cans among the militia, aided by an anti-self defense distribution network.
Obviously, probably paid for by the Clinton family. With Chinese seals, moisture will ruin our stocks of ammo for the coming war.

If Russia suffers its worst wheat harvest in years, I'm bugging out.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Greg wrote:But they are, most definitely, ammo cans.
That's exactly the point. They're simply cans.
They've never held ammo, but are merely designed to ape actual milspec ammo cans. Cheaply.

Which I freely concede, they evidently do in spades.

To which I ask rhetorically, how well has that worked with most other products from the glorious worker's paradise in question?
TANSTAAFL

If they work for your purposes, and you're happy with them, rock on.
I only hope they function as well and for as long as the genuine article. Really.

And if they decide to start doing knock-off Blitz 5gal jerry cans and selling those at CostCo, I'd be willing to give them a shot, for exactly the same reason that I'd buy a Norinco Trench Broom: because there's no other convenient home-grown option.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"