Slow Cooker Recipes

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
First Shirt

Re: Slow Cooker Recipes

Post by First Shirt »

Greg wrote: It'll cook just fine, might even come out more tender, just won't have that extra depth of flavor you get from browning. So add your own flavor.

My wife has a few slow cooker recipes that involve starting with raw chicken thigh meat, not browned. They come out just fine.
Oooohhh, Salsa chicken! Best filling in the world for chicken enchiladas, and it's so easy, even I can't screw it up!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

So far the worst thing I've done is read "cloves of garlic" as "bulbs of garlic." So raw chops in the crock pot shouldn't be too terrible.

And for the record, using four bulbs of garlic instead of four cloves resulted in the dish being delicious anyway.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

SoupOrMan wrote:So far the worst thing I've done is read "cloves of garlic" as "bulbs of garlic." So raw chops in the crock pot shouldn't be too terrible.

And for the record, using four bulbs of garlic instead of four cloves resulted in the dish being delicious anyway.
You're good.
garlic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.