I need some recommendations on a national chain bank

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
blackeagle603

Re: I need some recommendations on a national chain bank

Post by blackeagle603 »

There any other credit unions with more local presence you could join? That would be my first effort... ymmv
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

blackeagle603 wrote:There any other credit unions with more local presence you could join? That would be my first effort... ymmv
That's a pretty good idea, unless you want to be able to bank in Texas and Idaho.

Is that a requirement?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

It would be handy, especially if we wind up moving to *fingers crossed* Billings, MT next year.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

My credit union is part of the co-op thing. So I can go to something like 5000 locations all over the country. Never actually tried it so I don't know how well it works in practice.
Jered

Post by Jered »

JAG2955 wrote:
Nice. I was actually looking at Chase due to their prevalence around here. And if a bank said anything about "fees", I would laugh and walk out. Guess I've been spoiled by the nice folks at NFCU.
My Chase account dates back to when they were Washington Mutual, so, YMMV.

I've had my credit card number stolen a couple of times, and within a couple of days, I had a new one. I haven't had any issues when I disputed a charge, either. The checking account is a checking account.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I never really liked NFCU. I use USAA for most stuff and then whatever local account where I am living. NFCU was my deployment account but I've been out for a while and haven't used them in a bit.
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Been with Wells for going on 6 years now. I got an account there when my wife started working there. That said, service has always been good, there's a Wells everywhere, and they've been proactive about security. I still have an account with my local CU, simply because their auto loan rates are dramatically lower, but the rest of my banking goes through the stagecoach.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!