What Could POSSIBLY Go Wrong??

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Old Grafton

What Could POSSIBLY Go Wrong??

Post by Old Grafton »

So since the Pacific Northwest is at risk of a major quake/tsunami in the "anytime" future, authorities and experts are busily installing an emergency warning system that would automatically open firehouse doors, slow or stop trains, divert motorists from collapse-risk bridges, shut down power and gas lines, etc.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 1-02-39-53

And since it's computer-controlled it will be absolutely "un-hackable", I'm sure. 3, 2, 1,........ :shock:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
MarkD

Re: What Could POSSIBLY Go Wrong??

Post by MarkD »

Last year I had a "discussion" with my doctor who wanted me to pay $90 a year to have my medical data stored on a web-access server so he and I could access my information when needed. When I expressed concern over security he assured me "It's completely secure." Bullshit. Strongly worded opinion follows. And he's my ex-doctor.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I'm guessing that the password will be stored on VA laptops while the actual operating software is stored on a bathroom server.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

These are people still living in the 1960s mentally ("Technology will be wonderful!"), and ignoring the 2015 news reports daily.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Old Grafton wrote:So since the Pacific Northwest is at risk of a major quake/tsunami in the "anytime" future, authorities and experts are busily installing an emergency warning system that would automatically open firehouse doors,
The next day aft the hack, headlines will read "Fire department dalmations go missing all across the city
slow or stop trains,
"Hundreds trapped in commuter trains"
divert motorists from collapse-risk bridges,
"Thousands trapped in traffic jams; city officials admit this may hinder evacuation in an actual event"
shut down power and gas lines, etc.
"City causes deaths during blackout; Hundreds die when life support systems in their homes fail"

And since it's computer-controlled it will be absolutely "un-hackable", I'm sure. 3, 2, 1,........ :shock:[/quote]

While on the dark web someone starts a bidding war between Russia, China, and the Norks for Seattle's apocalypse codes.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
toad

Post by toad »

It will probably happen when Al Gore is visiting so they'll have snow storm on top of everything else.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

toad wrote:It will probably happen when Al Gore is visiting so they'll have snow storm on top of everything else.
I dunno about snow but you can bank on a "snow-job" from the Goracle.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.