Whitetail/Elk/Black Bear hunt possible...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
JAG2955

Re: Whitetail/Elk/Black Bear hunt possible...

Post by JAG2955 »

BDK wrote:Where are you in ID? A buddy of mine is trying to get together a back country hunt in early Nov in SE ID... And, as I'm an idiot, I agreed to accompany a member of MARSOC, 10 years my junior, on a trip which involves backpacking through rugged terrain.
I can see Canada, so about as far as possible from SE Idaho as I can get.

The problem is not me getting up higher, it's getting the animals to come down, since I'm on private property. I called a good friend of mine to debrief, and he suggested buying a cheap atv to go up and down the road and save the stress and scratches on the truck. He also said you can get blades and rakes which may help improve the road. Maybe a winch to move the big rock that's in the way just inside the entrance. I could also use it to haul out a kill at least partway.

Any ideas on the atv and implements?
Lokidude

Re: Whitetail/Elk/Black Bear hunt possible...

Post by Lokidude »

BDK wrote:Where are you in ID? A buddy of mine is trying to get together a back country hunt in early Nov in SE ID... And, as I'm an idiot, I agreed to accompany a member of MARSOC, 10 years my junior, on a trip which involves backpacking through rugged terrain.
In the Lolo, around Quake Lake/Henry's Lake, or somewhere else? Either way, your best be may well be to fly into SLC. There's a couple regional airports closer, but nothing major until you hit Billings. If you come into SLC, let me know, eh?
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!