What caliber for bronze statues?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Durham68

What caliber for bronze statues?

Post by Durham68 »

I read about this satan statue out in OK and one of the folks who commissioned it or the fellow who made it was quoted as saying that they had it insured for enough to have it replaced and then some if someone was to damage/destroy it. He also said that the average joe wouldn't know how to do any real damage to a bronze statue anyway. Now I have no desire to give these guys a payday, but as a pretty average joe my first thought was "Challenge accepted!".

So, what caliber, chemical, machine or method for bronze statues?
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Aaron

Re: What caliber for bronze statues?

Post by Aaron »

Vigorous application of a wire brush, followed by the traditional urination. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with AP . 50 cal.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

HE round?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

I'm for liquid nitrogen and a sledge hammer.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thermite. Not that I necessarily have anything against the statue in question, but a challenge has been raised. :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Netpackrat wrote:Thermite. Not that I necessarily have anything against the statue in question, but a challenge has been raised. :mrgreen:
Came here for this. Some old etch-a-sketches and some old steel wool...bob's your uncle and there's a molten pile of slag where something else used to be.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

screw destruction in this case; go for creative addition. Have a cardboard cutout of your least favorite politician signing a billion-year contract next to it. Or if you worship Jesus, put a statue of him next to it and claim it's a temptation in the desert tableau.
I
Vandalism would be playing right into their hands. as said in the OP, they're expecting this. Even hoping for it so they can point toit and say "look what hypocrites they are".
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

dfwmtx wrote:Vandalism would be playing right into their hands. as said in the OP, they're expecting this. Even hoping for it so they can point toit and say "look what hypocrites they are".
But gleeful vandalism in answer to a challenge is more fun. You're not a hypocrite when you happily join the game they invited you to.

And I second the thermite. That was my first thought.

What if you got creative with little bits of it? I think they cadweld with thermite. Add the interesting bits that way.

Maybe commission your own sculptor to make a bronze addition to cadweld on:
- Hillary, Pelosi, or Soros mask
- breasts (Jenner made that OK)
- a unicorn horn
- fluffy looking baby Pegasus wings

Add a big wind turbine on the top so it would be more "green."

Nobody said the vandalism had to be destructive. Mocking would be more fun. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Buy a bunch of Obama masks at Halloween and keep super gluing them on when they get taken off.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Weetabix wrote:
dfwmtx wrote:Vandalism would be playing right into their hands. as said in the OP, they're expecting this. Even hoping for it so they can point toit and say "look what hypocrites they are".
But gleeful vandalism in answer to a challenge is more fun. You're not a hypocrite when you happily join the game they invited you to.

And I second the thermite. That was my first thought.

What if you got creative with little bits of it? I think they cadweld with thermite. Add the interesting bits that way.

Maybe commission your own sculptor to make a bronze addition to cadweld on:
- Hillary, Pelosi, or Soros mask
- breasts (Jenner made that OK)
- a unicorn horn
- fluffy looking baby Pegasus wings

Add a big wind turbine on the top so it would be more "green."

Nobody said the vandalism had to be destructive. Mocking would be more fun. :D
I agree in principle, but I'm guessing that adding animal features or naughty bits would fit their general world view too well for them to make a fuss. Clipping the wings and replacing the head with buddy-Jesus might do the trick.