What Happened To Our Community?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
First Shirt

Re: What Happened To Our Community?

Post by First Shirt »

free_me wrote:In a word: the entertainment value is gone. I'll be honest; I never came here to have an intellectual argument, but rather to have a laugh ... mostly with, sometimes at. Highspeed (gone) and Yogimus (mostly gone) ... pure gold. Even KdT and Chris (really gone), but from a schadenfreude perspective.
Long winded political discussions bordering on conspiracy theorizing (yeah, Baja Boy ... I'm looking at you) or "books" about job angst (we've all been there ... yours isn't that interesting) aren't particularly engaging.
Sorry we aren't entertaining enough for you.

Personally, I like it here (of course, that may be just because I'm an old bastard, and slowing down) and while I miss some of the members who aren't here, there's enough of the ones that I like to keep me coming back.

YMMV, JMHO, IRDDU.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
free_me

Post by free_me »

First Shirt wrote: Sorry we aren't entertaining enough for you.
Yeah, WTF eh? I like Rocky-Road, BTW.
Baja boy

Post by Baja boy »

I have been lurking for the past couple of years. I finally got fed up with chris's antics and almost didn't return. Came back and saw that there was kinda a dearth of posts so I threw a variety out--

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

http://theguncounter.com/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=25799

I love kids

http://theguncounter.com/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=25798

billary in a lighter moment

I don't get the chance to hunt any more, so I fish, fly and fffff. I do maintain my concealed permit and have a small amount of noise makers.

So free-me don't look .
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
free_me

Post by free_me »

Baja boy wrote: So free-me don't look .
Don't take it personally; merely pointing out (perhaps my minority view) why this forum may be dieing.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

SoupOrMan wrote:Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore.
So, when has that ever stopped any of us before??
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
free_me

Post by free_me »

SoupOrMan wrote:Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore.
Come come now. Stephen King didn't become richer than god by saying "Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore" after writing "The Shining" and "Salem's Lot" and "Christine" and "Carrie". Remember the brick wall "scene" from "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

I drop out from time to time and in the summer I am extreamly busy although I post occasionly on FB .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

free_me wrote:Come come now. Stephen King didn't become richer than god by saying "Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore" after writing "The Shining" and "Salem's Lot" and "Christine" and "Carrie". Remember the brick wall "scene" from "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?
Well, perhaps when the armored truck carrying the gold bars starts making regular deliveries to active GC members, it will motivate us to greater efforts toward providing you with high quality entertainment.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Okay, so I just pinged Ben Rumson, Mud Dog, Fill, TheIrishman, Mousegun, and CageyM via the forum's email button in their profiles. I basically picked out some members whose names I recognized, and who didn't appear to have logged in since before the Chris episode. Maybe nothing will come of it. I didn't exhaustively run through the members list and I'm not going to do so... Somebody else's turn if they want to try others.

And if anybody has got Fivetoes' address I bet he would come back if he knew Chris is gone. But since he was actually banned by Chris, there is no email link in his profile by which to contact him.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop