What Happened To Our Community?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
free_me

Re: What Happened To Our Community?

Post by free_me »

Netpackrat wrote:
free_me wrote:Come come now. Stephen King didn't become richer than god by saying "Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore" after writing "The Shining" and "Salem's Lot" and "Christine" and "Carrie". Remember the brick wall "scene" from "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?
Well, perhaps when the armored truck carrying the gold bars starts making regular deliveries to active GC members, it will motivate us to greater efforts toward providing you with high quality entertainment.
That's a good start. Now tell me about the gold bars. Tell me about the stamps on them. Describe the edges.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Netpackrat wrote:Okay, so I just pinged Ben Rumson, Mud Dog, Fill, TheIrishman, Mousegun, and CageyM via the forum's email button in their profiles. I basically picked out some members whose names I recognized, and who didn't appear to have logged in since before the Chris episode. Maybe nothing will come of it. I didn't exhaustively run through the members list and I'm not going to do so... Somebody else's turn if they want to try others.

And if anybody has got Fivetoes' address I bet he would come back if he knew Chris is gone. But since he was actually banned by Chris, there is no email link in his profile by which to contact him.
Banned for what? Does anyone remember?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

skb12172 wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:And if anybody has got Fivetoes' address I bet he would come back if he knew Chris is gone. But since he was actually banned by Chris, there is no email link in his profile by which to contact him.
Banned for what? Does anyone remember?
Yeah. He made a rude comment to the effect that he wouldn't be hitting Tam's tipjar over on her blog to help cover her cancer expenses, because she'd once made a sarcastic comment that she didn't need health insurance because if anything catastrophic ever happened, she could cast her expenses upon the public (or words to that effect). What he said was wrong, but Chris way overreacted. Certainly worse has been said here, and overlooked or forgiven.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

First Shirt wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:Honestly, I haven't got much to say that's new or different anymore.
So, when has that ever stopped any of us before??
How long until the entire forum is like one very extended, old married couple? :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think I may have found him:

https://www.facebook.com/tom.buchanan.37

But, I am not on Failbook.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

A thought occurred to me today: The state of almost every facet of the world today is just so dismal that I may be losing some of my joie-de-vivre. I'll bet that takes a toll on others, too, and on how much and what they post.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It does on me, but that's one of the reasons I come here. To vent.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
free_me

Post by free_me »

Weetabix wrote:A thought occurred to me today: The state of almost every facet of the world today is just so dismal that I may be losing some of my joie-de-vivre. I'll bet that takes a toll on others, too, and on how much and what they post.
Nah! The more stupid the world around you gets, the better you appear just by being a good and kind person.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I've seriously thought of becoming a quasi-hermit and moving to a remote town like Copper Lake, Michigan in the third MHI book, just to better insulate myself from the world's fucktardery.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:A thought occurred to me today: The state of almost every facet of the world today is just so dismal that I may be losing some of my joie-de-vivre. I'll bet that takes a toll on others, too, and on how much and what they post.
Go live in New Jersey and say that. ;)

We all have a truly stupendous amount to be thankful for. Don't get bogged down in the bullshit. The assholes want you to despair.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr