What Happened To Our Community?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: What Happened To Our Community?

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:OG is right, my only concern is that I wish we had more activity, but as has been pointed out, it is summer.
I'm trying to do my part by airing my personal employment angst. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:I was mostly being sarcastic.

:o
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Old Grafton wrote:Nobody here is beating their own drum to advance themselves or preening all the time.... I think we do without all that self-aggrandizement.
But I would miss HTRN.... :cry: :lol:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You're confusing "Self aggrandizement" with "Snark". ;) :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

randy wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I was mostly being sarcastic.

:o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

HTRN wrote:You're confusing "Self aggrandizement" with "Snark". ;) :mrgreen:
Isn't that just making self aggrandizement entertaining?
free_me

Post by free_me »

In a word: the entertainment value is gone. I'll be honest; I never came here to have an intellectual argument, but rather to have a laugh ... mostly with, sometimes at. Highspeed (gone) and Yogimus (mostly gone) ... pure gold. Even KdT and Chris (really gone), but from a schadenfreude perspective.

Long winded political discussions bordering on conspiracy theorizing (yeah, Baja Boy ... I'm looking at you) or "books" about job angst (we've all been there ... yours isn't that interesting) aren't particularly engaging.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

free_me wrote:In a word: the entertainment value is gone. I'll be honest; I never came here to have an intellectual argument, but rather to have a laugh ... mostly with, sometimes at. Highspeed (gone) and Yogimus (mostly gone) ... pure gold. Even KdT and Chris (really gone), but from a schadenfreude perspective.

Long winded political discussions bordering on conspiracy theorizing (yeah, Baja Boy ... I'm looking at you) or "books" about job angst (we've all been there ... yours isn't that interesting) aren't particularly engaging.
Fair enough. I can't speak for Baja Boy, but I was looking for comments from a group of guys whose level-headedness I respect. To be candid, I know I tend to write books. Mostly I try to keep that in check.

Too bad for us if you don't post much - I actually always enjoyed your comments. They frequently made me laugh. Maybe we could try to be either more entertaining or easier to laugh at. :D

On your side, you could initiate more to draw out more activity. You get out what you put in. Of course, this being the internet, you could just be a competently written chatbot. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

FWIW, the other two forums I frequent are painfully slow the past several months. Each one lost highly entertaining members for one reason or another. Other than that I think there is a general fatigue amongst veteran forum members who just don't want to hash out the same topic for the 37th time.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I've been a moderator on another forum since 2000. I come here because the regulars here aren't jerks and don't do a lot of "MOM, he HIIIT me, make him STOOOHHHHP!!" stuff. There's a wealth of talent here that's rare elsewhere, and beats the piss out of the "Me"sturbaters elsewhere.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.