What Happened To Our Community?

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
skb12172

Re: What Happened To Our Community?

Post by skb12172 »

I also have to say that losing Chris, regardless of its justification, hurt us. His post count was huge and he was often starting new and interesting threads. I also suspect that we may have lost some folks who were loyal to him and just quietly left when he did.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I'm unemployed by choice right now. I'll try to pick up the slack.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I'm not a big poster, obviously. It's mainly because most of what I can think of to say has already been said by the time I get here. I like it here, and I just tend to lurk unless I think I have something worthwhile to contribute. Every so often, I spout off about something without passing it through the filter, but that is pretty rare. I'm trying to strike a balance between "verbal" diarrhea and never saying anything.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Hmmmm, need to inject some new blood, eh?

Well, we could sneak into arf.com and lay a trap for the unsuspecting. Leaving a trail of .22 rounds like golden, glittering bread crumbs winding it's way through the dark and forboding internet forest. And there, in an open glade, a stack of bricks just beckoning to them, calling to them "Take Me". And as our prey inches ever closer to their ballistic holy grail, we drop a net over them, club them into submission with the butt end of a Mosin-Nagant. Now, firmly caught in our clutches, we turn them over to HTRN and his gentle ministrations. Molding their brains until they become an army of mindless zombies! We send them forth to do our bidding and bring back only the best brains to fill our ranks! Soon, we will take over the internet world and rule with an iron fist as foretold in the prophecies!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, umm, nevermind.
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

tfbncc wrote:Hmmmm, need to inject some new blood, eh?

Well, we could sneak into arf.com and lay a trap for the unsuspecting. Leaving a trail of .22 rounds like golden, glittering bread crumbs winding it's way through the dark and forboding internet forest. And there, in an open glade, a stack of bricks just beckoning to them, calling to them "Take Me". And as our prey inches ever closer to their ballistic holy grail, we drop a net over them, club them into submission with the butt end of a Mosin-Nagant. Now, firmly caught in our clutches, we turn them over to HTRN and his gentle ministrations. Molding their brains until they become an army of mindless zombies! We send them forth to do our bidding and bring back only the best brains to fill our ranks! Soon, we will take over the internet world and rule with an iron fist as foretold in the prophecies!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, umm, nevermind.
I don't own a Mosin-Nagant, will a Lee-Enfield do?
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I have two Mosins. Use one of mine. :twisted:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

JAG2955 wrote:I'm unemployed by choice right now. I'll try to pick up the slack.
Same here. I don't really like it, but right now I'm busier than I ever was as a working stiff.

Every time I find something new the previous owners left behind, the response is always one or both of the following:

-They did it on purpose.
-Because they're idiots.

EVERY

SINGLE

THING

Of course my wife's version is 'Because they're filthy idiots.'

Most recent thing today was taking apart a very 'special' homemade 'shelving system' in an extra bedroom, that looked and acted a lot like the Shake-Shake Bridge from Thomas the Tank Engine. And they deliberately destroyed the carpet in that closet in order to 'install' it. Of course when I saw what they had done to the carpet, and carefully examined it, my reaction was more like 'MOTHERFUCKERS DID IT ON PURPOSE'.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Anyway, back on topic....

I find the forum to be lower-traffic, but also rather more collegial. Our best-known former colleague may have brought some wide-ranging knowledge and generated a lot of post traffic, but he also contributed to a rather contentious atmosphere.

Sometimes that can be a good thing, sometimes it's not what you're looking for.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

I'm still here, but the job search after college graduation has been hell. Paying the bills, but I haven't saved a cent. Obviously, that means I can't afford gunnie things (or ammo for that matter). Haven't even shot since....October? However long it's been- too long. Because of that I haven't been contributing as much as I might. Not a whole lot of gun activity in my life.

I do think it's seasonal though. My falconry fourms are dead too, since it's the off-season and nobody is flying birds.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

When they say "get a STEM degree", they aren't referring to anything in the environmental sciences. Still trying to figure out my next move (keep trucking with this vs. go back to school again (probably healthcare). I screwed myself by getting a Bachelor of Technology rather than a Bachelor of Science. Missing most of the per-requisites for an accelerated BSN or any PA program.