Thor - pocket edition

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Aesop

Thor - pocket edition

Post by Aesop »

So, pending the resolution of the CCW mess hereabouts, I recently picked up a handy little stun gun.
Besides its obvious utility, this morning I discovered a new hobby:
some little bastard ants had decided to raid a fleck of chocolate on my desktop. And my little friend was handy.

Suffice it to say that ants don't do any better with 8M V than people do, and I understand Thor's motivation a bit better.

On my next day off, I need to go find a red ant hill.
Perhaps I'll video the result, and send it to PETA. :twisted:

And I want someone to invent one of these things as a doorbell greeting for door-to-door peddlers.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
skb12172

Re: Thor - pocket edition

Post by skb12172 »

What power level would you recommend in a stun gun?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

"Vaporize." No subsequent need for a shovel. :twisted:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Aesop wrote:So, pending the resolution of the CCW mess hereabouts, I recently picked up a handy little stun gun.
Besides its obvious utility, this morning I discovered a new hobby:
some little bastard ants had decided to raid a fleck of chocolate on my desktop. And my little friend was handy.

Suffice it to say that ants don't do any better with 8M V than people do, and I understand Thor's motivation a bit better.

On my next day off, I need to go find a red ant hill.
Perhaps I'll video the result, and send it to PETA. :twisted:

And I want someone to invent one of these things as a doorbell greeting for door-to-door peddlers.
Do soldier ants go to Valhalla after you kill them with ant-sized lightening?
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

I don't know, but I'm willing to experiment.

I'd really love a handy 3' wand applicator for it: I could wipe out the whole trail, and there's no stink or poison laying about afterwards.
Too bad "Bug Zapper" is already (tm). :(

Next up: experiments in building a heliograph with lens concentrator with a riding seat, and telescopic targeting, so I can put up a tower and wipe out ant and termite mounds from distance.

I'll need Kent to polish the mirror, and Laszlo to do the calculations, but it should be an order of magnitude better than a solid helium laser.
On sunny days.

And of course, I'd never, ever turn it upwards and try it on pigeons or seagulls, aka rats with wings, no matter how many times they decorate the hood of the truck.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"