I should probably start dressing my age-need some ideas

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: I should probably start dressing my age-need some ideas

Post by Weetabix »

Too long an answer with links for fun:

Left front pants pocket: keyring with an Olight i3S flashlight on it
Right front pants pocket: trifold wallet, Victorinox Cadet with Alox scales, Fisher bullet pen if no shirt pocket
Back pants pockets: nothing. I hate stuff in my back pockets.
Shirt pocket: Moleskine gridded notebook, Cross ballpoint pen, phone
Belt: Keltec PF9 (not me in the photo) in a Crossbreed IWB SuperTuck (I don't tuck - see HI shirt discussion above), spare mag in Safariland 123 horizontal holder.

Other stuff is in a backpack, but the pocket stuff is EDC. I'm looking for:
- the minimum amount of stuff I feel like I need,
- smallest reasonable,
- most economical reasonable
- stuff I feel confident in

What's on your person every day? How do you think it will change in MO vs NJ?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote:What's on your person every day? How do you think it will change in MO vs NJ?
I have a sneaky suspicion about one item that's likely to join his EDC stuff once he's in Free America. ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

randy wrote:
Weetabix wrote:What's on your person every day? How do you think it will change in MO vs NJ?
I have a sneaky suspicion about one item that's likely to join his EDC stuff once he's in Free America. ;)
Maybe. ;)

On non-work days I always wear cargo pants. Right front pants pocket is my cell phone, left front is my keychain with house and car keys, plus a micro multitool and aaa flashlight. Either clipped to the right front pants pocket or inside the right cargo pocket is a locking folder, these days a Kershaw Blackout. Inside the left cargo pocket are tissues, lip balm, and usually a Vic Huntsman. Sometimes I'll have a aa flashlight, and like the Kershaw it either gets clipped to the right front pocket, or clipped inside the right cargo pocket.

If I want anything else, it goes in my backpack. LBT 3-day pack. Generally that has my new 8" tablet, a bigger (yes, third) flashlight, some batteries, my Bluetooth headset, some various other odds and ends.

On work days I go through a metal detector, so my pockets are empty and everything I want goes inside the backpack to get x-rayed. Which is much the same stuff, just minus the Blackout and Huntsman. (I could probably bring those every day too, most of the officers know me, but it's not worth the risk.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Wait 'till you start NEEDING READING GLASSES!!!! THEN, you will COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND the value of shirt pockets (even though I carry mine in a case in my fanny/belt pack - but when I go into a store, it IMMEDIATELY goes onto my face or into my shirt pocket - if I have one)!! ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

The problem with dressing your age is that pretty soon you'll start acting your age, and the next thing you know, you'll be one of those cranky old guys with a Garand, yelling "Get off my lawn!"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

First Shirt wrote:The problem with dressing your age is that pretty soon you'll start acting your age, and the next thing you know, you'll be one of those cranky old guys with a Garand, yelling "Get off my lawn!"
I'm young enough that I use an AR-15.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, but you haven't been dressing your age for very long. Just wait til it all catches up with you!!!!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:The problem with dressing your age is that pretty soon you'll start acting your age, and the next thing you know, you'll be one of those cranky old guys with a Garand, yelling "Get off my lawn!"
Puhleeze. Like I'd actually do that with a Garand. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Denis

Post by Denis »

JAG2955 wrote:I'm young enough that I use an AR-15. ...
... and yell "get off my skateboard!" :-)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JAG2955 wrote:
I'm young enough that I use an AR-15.
JAG Kowalski wrote:I used to stack fucks likes you five feet high in Iraq... use ya for sand bags.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop