Teh Stupid... It Burns.

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Teh Stupid... It Burns.

Post by Netpackrat »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Re: Teh Stupid... It Burns.

Post by Netpackrat »

I googled her, and that seems to actually be her name.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAE

Post by JAE »

Too bad her first name isn't Rosie.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I live about two miles from a fairly large National Guard range complex, and we hear firing quite regularly. I haven't heard the thump of mortars yet, but I hear small arms quite regularly.

Sitting on my patio, drinking coffee on a Saturday morning, I hear the rattle of musketry and the memories are so thick I have to brush them away as if they were a swarm of gnats.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

PawPaw wrote:I live about two miles from a fairly large National Guard range complex, and we hear firing quite regularly. I haven't heard the thump of mortars yet, but I hear small arms quite regularly.

Sitting on my patio, drinking coffee on a Saturday morning, I hear the rattle of musketry and the memories are so thick I have to brush them away as if they were a swarm of gnats.
My parent's weekend place was close enough to Camp Shelbey to hear them practicing with mortars in the evenings.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I haven't moved out of Jacksonville yet. If it's ground or rotor based, I can hear it.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

When my grandparents lived in Tomah, WI, we used to hear the artillery coming from Ft. McCoy on a regular basis when we went to visit.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Maybe she really is ignorant. Even if she's trolling, a patient and clear explanation might help pull others out of ignorance. Lots of people can't imagine a reason "why" for something, but when you explain it, they get it. And often, they are then more open to other explanations from you. Whereas, "You're right about one thing - you're ignorant" can harden them against you.

Go explain it to her.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

PawPaw wrote:I live about two miles from a fairly large National Guard range complex, and we hear firing quite regularly. I haven't heard the thump of mortars yet, but I hear small arms quite regularly.

That sounds like a great Saturday morning, Old Soldier. I'm envious.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.