Teh Stupid... It Burns.

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: Teh Stupid... It Burns.

Post by randy »

skb12172 wrote:And???
I completed my training and went on to my next unit before it was resolved. Never did hear the outcome.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yogimus wrote:This is not your personal erotica site.
I don't care to guess at how many warnings it took for that to sink in.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:There's also the classic :
1.Buy property next to an existing gun club/firing range
2. Attempt to shut down the club/range
In San Angelo TX of all places back in the 80s, trailer park owner was trying to get shooting range that had been in operation since the 40's shut down.

She claimed rounds from the range were impacting in her park. As proof she showed a handful of .22LR casings she found near her trailer to the TV twit that was interviewing her. :roll:
I think I lived in that trailer park, during one of my sojourns at Goodfellow, and the guy who ran it wasn't that big of a dork.,

I used to hunt frogs along the Concho river, using a Colt .22 LR Ace on a 1911 frame. Was always glad that the transient barracks had gas to the grills.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Aesop wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:There's also the classic :
1.Buy property next to an existing gun club/firing range
2. Attempt to shut down the club/range

Or the mopes who move into farm country, following the same path because of dust/odors

No punishment for such blatant venality/stupidity should be considered too severe.
Actually, if the condition you're trying to mitigate existed before you arrived at the location in question, you and your heirs and assigns should be forbidden by law from suing for that reason or any related claim in perpetuity, and a $100K nuisance fee assessed per day for each such suit from filing to dismissal, split equally between the court and the defendant(s), if necessary by placing a lien on the plaintiff's property.

Call it the "STFU, NIMBY" Rule.

The second offense should result in public dunking in a pool of flaming gasoline, and forfeiture of all property and estates to the defendant.
The third offense should see your descendants sold into slavery to the defendants, with execution of sentence suspended solely in deference to the 13th Amendment, and set free instead after a token flogging and ten years at hard labor. Along with filing counsel.
:lol: :lol: As I said (see above). Your inclusion of the court is an improvement on the general idea; any legal representation of plaintiffs should be summarily executed in similar fashion. The attempted tyranny of the butthurt should be vigorously discouraged.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

They must have gotten a late start. The house started rattling a little just a few minutes ago.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Netpackrat wrote:They must have gotten a late start. The house started rattling a little just a few minutes ago.
Well, after you go down to the ammo point, draw the ammo, establish an ASP (Ammo Supply Point), get inspected by Physical Security, fail the inspection, (you always fail the first time), make corrections, get re-inspected, get permission for the range to go hot, that takes most of the day. T hings should go smoothly from here on, but the first day is hell.

I'm glad that I retired from the Guard, but every long weekend, we were on the f*cking range.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Something else just occurred to me... I think this is Kommander's brother's unit rattling my house.

Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Netpackrat wrote:Something else just occurred to me... I think this is Kommander's brother's unit rattling my house.
In a broad sense I think so. He just got his platoon after spending like a year as the assistant personal officer. He just did his first excercise as platoon commander so I'll have to see if he is involved.