Cold Snap

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: Cold Snap

Post by randy »

308Mike wrote:Notice NO ONE from the very SOUTH-WEST portion of the USA posted in this thread? That's because we had BEAUTIFUL temps and weather the whole time the rest of the nation was suffering.

We'd LOVE to be able to help, but simply saying: "I'd LOVE to be able to send you some of our weather rings hollow to many people, even when we REALLY mean it!!! And by REALLY MEAN IT, we do!
On the other hand Mike, I can go out and purchase a non-neutered AR-15 clone with standard magazines off the shelf with no waiting period. While carrying my BHP in a holster concealed under my coat. On the way home probably driving by the refurbished factory gearing up with an announcement that it's going to double the number of new jobs it's bringing in the next couple of the years.

So, I can handle a few snow flakes and putting on an extra layer once in a while. :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

randy wrote:
308Mike wrote:Notice NO ONE from the very SOUTH-WEST portion of the USA posted in this thread? That's because we had BEAUTIFUL temps and weather the whole time the rest of the nation was suffering.

We'd LOVE to be able to help, but simply saying: "I'd LOVE to be able to send you some of our weather rings hollow to many people, even when we REALLY mean it!!! And by REALLY MEAN IT, we do!
On the other hand Mike, I can go out and purchase a non-neutered AR-15 clone with standard magazines off the shelf with no waiting period. While carrying my BHP in a holster concealed under my coat. On the way home probably driving by the refurbished factory gearing up with an announcement that it's going to double the number of new jobs it's bringing in the next couple of the years.

So, I can handle a few snow flakes and putting on an extra layer once in a while. :twisted:
YES, and that makes you a FREE MAN - much less unencumbered by the BS from the laws of this INSANE state!!! HOWEVER, they *MAY* have stepped on their cranks this last legislative session - forcing our case to the US Supreme Court , where it's likely to have it shoved down our STATE LIBERAL'S THROATS since it violates RKBA!!!

Keep your fingers crossed we come out ahead!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Well you could always live in AZ and not have any snow and have all the gun stuff you want.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Kommander wrote:Well you could always live in AZ and not have any snow and have all the gun stuff you want.
I live at 4400 feet in elevation, in AZ. Had 4 inches of snow on Dec 30/31. Jan 1/2 it dropped to a mere 0 degrees overnight. It normally takes two day for all the snow in full sunlight to melt away, this time it took a full week.

Not complaining mind you, just stating some facts.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Kommander wrote:Well you could always live in AZ and not have any snow and have all the gun stuff you want.
Or, anybody interested could come to Louisiana, where snow is an actual event. We shut down when it snows, because we have no equipment to deal with it. No sense buying equipment you'll use only once every three or four years. It's easier to simply stay home for half a day till it melts.

Oh, plenty of gun stuff in Louisiana. I'm convinced we're the most gun-friendly state in the Union, regardless of what the online references say.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
toad

Post by toad »

I was reading that Louisiana was statistically considered a high crime state. If you subtracted New Orleans from those stats, I suspect the crime rate would be lower. Way back in the day I did a few months in one of the smaller towns. The food was good, the people friendly, and there were only two things you had to watch out for. Don't call a Cajun a CoonAxx and if you marry a Cajun girl from the sticks, don't laugh at her the first time she tries to cook instant rice and it boils over everywhere.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Arizona is indeed the best ranked state for firearms ownership, and they do not get any snow.

They do however, spend six months of the year in weather warm enough to fry an egg on the hood of a car. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

...in the shade. And there ain't any. :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Just because no one has said it yet..............
Cold Snap is a rather good beer.... 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

See, that's the nice thing about living along the Front Range in Colorado--I'm at 6,000+ ft. Yeah, it snows occasionally, but not much, and it's usually gone the next day. If it wasn't for the altitude, it would get about as hot here as it does in NM and AZ. They say we get 300+ days of sunshine here (got up near 60 today). Gun laws are still good--NFA, SBR, open/concealed carry, you name it, we got it. As for the silly magazine limits law, well, everybody is just ignoring it. I've heard of fun shops openly selling 30 rd PMags and such, though I haven't seen it myself.
Eppur si muove--Galileo