If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Rich Jordan

California ghost town/mine/liquor license FS on Craigslist

Post by Rich Jordan »

Ad here
Windy Wilson

Re: California ghost town/mine/liquor license FS on Craigsli

Post by Windy Wilson »

Considering how isolated the place is, I think the asking price is about twice what it's worth.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Rich...

For posting that link... All I've got to say is "Get thee behind me Satan."

Had trouble concentrating at work since seeing that.

Considering how isolated the place is, I think the asking price is about twice what it's worth.
That very isolation is it's value for some. Might make a great jump off point for hunting parties.

Don't know if you've ever been in that part of the country. Oh. My. The Golden State indeed. Paradise lost.

Now days the only thing wrong is the side of the Oregon border it's on. Though that county is a virtual "shall issue" county in a "may issue" state.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rod

Post by Rod »

Gun Counter Headquarters!
Forget that stupid remark, California gun laws would have us all criminals as soon as we crossed the state line.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Every time I hear the expression "Ghost Town", this comes to mind... :)
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

blackeagle603 wrote:Rich...

For posting that link... All I've got to say is "Get thee behind me Satan."

Had trouble concentrating at work since seeing that.
Bwaa haaa haaa!

But its in Cali so no go no way no how for us.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

If the Gun Counter took it over, it would be, estimating generously, about 2 weeks before the unilateral declaration of the entry of Freedonia into the world of free nations.

After that, it'd be a crap shoot whether the feds could intervene, what with inbound traffic from Califrutopia blocking the passes and darkening the skies.
But if you can find a gun-friendly foreign power willing to fund the experiment, I'm in. I'm thinking maybe Switzerland, Israel, or the Czech Republic, for starters.

After that, the hardest part would be dealing with the 51 CA counties that would want to ally with us, and whether it would be easier to set up some sort of Danzig Corridor for the others and peacefully co-exist, or simply proactively conquer them, unite the republic, and deport the vanquished hordes back to Mexico and NYFC.

I'll be re-reading The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress and FM 31-21, just in case we can pony up the down payment.
:lol:
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Rod

Post by Rod »

Aesop wrote:If the Gun Counter took it over, it would be, estimating generously, about 2 weeks before the unilateral declaration of the entry of Freedonia into the world of free nations.

After that, it'd be a crap shoot whether the feds could intervene, what with inbound traffic from Califrutopia blocking the passes and darkening the skies.
But if you can find a gun-friendly foreign power willing to fund the experiment, I'm in. I'm thinking maybe Switzerland, Israel, or the Czech Republic, for starters.

After that, the hardest part would be dealing with the 51 CA counties that would want to ally with us, and whether it would be easier to set up some sort of Danzig Corridor for the others and peacefully co-exist, or simply proactively conquer them, unite the republic, and deport the vanquished hordes back to Mexico and NYFC.

I'll be re-reading The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress and FM 31-21, just in case we can pony up the down payment.
:lol:
I like the way you think! Could we bypass the state line by choppering in with our "supplies" and then declaring freedom?
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just figured it out, Countertania could be ours if 200 people threw 1100 bucks in the pot. If only 50 did it, we'd need 4500 per person. Wait!!!!! How about a kickstarter? for every $20 you get 3 square feet of land up to 4000 square feet.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Rod wrote:Just figured it out, Countertania could be ours if 200 people threw 1100 bucks in the pot. If only 50 did it, we'd need 4500 per person. Wait!!!!! How about a kickstarter? for every $20 you get 3 square feet of land up to 4000 square feet.
Nah, for $20 you get 20 drinks at the bar, with a punch card, or a T-shirt.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy