Barefoot running

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Aglifter

Barefoot running

Post by Aglifter »

My knees, back, etc have gotten much better, both w. some Egoscue exercises, and being barefoot as much as possible.

I've started running in my finger-shoes, and its awesome - for the first time I can remember, running is tiring, but there is no pain involved.

Tonight, I tried just a few yards - maybe 60, barefoot, on asphalt - and it felt better, but my skin is much too soft, I doubt I could run more than a few hundred yards before they'd be torn to shreds. (Its a rather coarsely paved road, and running barefoot is very different than walking around barefoot on the same surface.)

But, as I've tried various methods, the closer I've gotten to barefoot, the better everything has felt - I really suggest trying it. Besides, "tactically" it can't hurt to be able to make it at least some distance outside, in your bare feet.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
skb12172

Re: Barefoot running

Post by skb12172 »

Since about the age of 13, I have made it a point to go barefoot on my land and on my sidewalk/driveway as much as possible during warm weather. It does toughen your feet, which I can only think would be a good thing.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Way ahead of her time.

Sorry about the little foot jumble and stumble there Mary (Decker Slaney).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I do 3-6 miles, four times a week, and it's usually barefoot, unless the weather is so cold that my feet get numb (then the Vibrams come out). And unless I'm at work or at church, I'm shoeless.

My 11YO granddaughter suckered me into running a 5K this summer (she wanted to run in it, and they said she had to have an adult with her). We were the only ones who were barefoot, and got some really strange looks, but we had a good time.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

If you can rock it, more power to you.