A Rare Situation Wearing a Seatbelt MIGHT Have Killed YOU

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Yogimus

Re: A Rare Situation Wearing a Seatbelt MIGHT Have Killed YO

Post by Yogimus »

@308 mike: Yep, that's generally why. (no snark) in 4 years we had 3 deaths where the seatbelts were used, but the folks died in the E room not in the car.
moose42

Post by moose42 »

I was riding in the back seat of my sisters 1991 Ford Tempo, years ago. I wasn't wearing a seat-belt. (What a crappy car by the way)

She slid on some ice and nailed a curb. She wasn't going very fast at all, maybe 20-25 mph. The impact shot me up off my seat and into the headliner. It HURT, bad.

After that I've NEVER gone anywhere without wearing my seat belt.
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Weetabix wrote: It's not a guarantee, but I try to bet with the odds.
And, that's the best any of us can do in an uncertain world. I've heard the "don't wear seat belts" stories for many years - I wear mine.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

cu74 wrote:
Weetabix wrote: It's not a guarantee, but I try to bet with the odds.
And, that's the best any of us can do in an uncertain world. I've heard the "don't wear seat belts" stories for many years - I wear mine.
YUP - that'll give you a little insurance to help you reach a ripe old age. :P
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
cu74

Post by cu74 »

308Mike wrote:YUP - that'll give you a little insurance to help you reach a ripe old age. :P
Come on, Mike - seventy isn't ripe enough? :lol:
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

cu74 wrote:
308Mike wrote:YUP - that'll give you a little insurance to help you reach a ripe old age. :P
Come on, Mike - seventy isn't ripe enough? :lol:
Naaaaa, I think you've probably got another THIRTY YEARS ahead of you, that's a WHOLE 'NOTHER GENERATION and then some!! When you hit 90, then I'll think you're probably getting a little ripe. Just remember, once ripe, the harvesting time is relatively short for these excellent long-term specimens and the time between their absolute BEST and beginning to decline is relatively short (my mom is going through this at 75 years old). Hence they are MOST valuable at just before their decline. Which for SOME, can be a VERY short period indeed (depending on their medical problems and possible strokes).

Unfortunately, many of the older specimens might be going through treatments such as CHEMO and RADIATION THERAPY to deal with as some of their cells which have gotten out-of-control. Such conditions may cause other family members to also shave their heads in sympathy, so the affected family member isn't the ONLY one of the family walking around in public with a bald head (due to the hair-loss due to the chemo treatments). Here's a photo with me and my mom (sorry, too tired to do it right, this is a quick and dirty distortion).

SEMPER FI!!
IMG_5072_Twin_Chrome_Domes_x759_Cropped_BLURRED.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

TheIrishman wrote: The cross bar(custom) behind the front seats made the rear seats useless, but then again it wasn't a grocery getter. And I like walking.
That's the way to do the job if you don't have a roll cage to attach to. I've seen 4 point harnesses attached at such stupid angles that in a frontal impact they would collapse the seat and make things worse rather than better
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song