Yeesh... the wreck in this story could have been *BAD*!

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Holy mother of f***er! Let's hear it for reflexes! :o
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Wrenchbender1

Re: Yeesh... the wreck in this story could have been *BAD*!

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

It might still be. I don't think that a Volvo is the ride of choice for your average Joe (or Jane) in China. Sucks to be the truck driver. :(
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Something similar happened to a friend's ex-wife a few months ago. She was following a truck that clipped a phone pole and snapped it off. The top of the pole speared thru the windshield, passe between the two front seats, skewered the back seat and wound up in the trunk. She got scratches from flying glass and (I assume) left a large stain on the seat. I saw pictures, she's a very lucky lady.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

My uncle was riding with his best friend, they were a team driving for a big freight company. They were going down Grapevine in California when they lost their brakes. With the CB, they got all traffic out of the left lane ahead of them, until someone in a car pulled out to pass another rig carrying a load of pipe. Their choice was to flatten the car, or hit the pipe... at about 120 mph. My uncle didn't make it, his friend was in ICU for weeks.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.