Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
evan price

Re: Does not follow...

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote:
Weetabix wrote:
HTRN wrote:Personally, i would spend the coin, buy a gearstar 4l80e, and retrofit it before bothering to rebuild one, but thats only if you plan on keeping it.
That's more than I paid for the whole rig. :o
A replacement 4l60 isn't going to be that much cheaper - a basic rebuild is going to cost you 1600 for a 4l60e, and thats just a basic factory replacement, youre not getting anything better than what you started with.
Find a local shop that actually knows the 4L60E, there's a lot of improvements that can be done to greatly increase the usability of that trans. And those parts aren't going to cost more than regular parts. Plus a new quality torque convertor and a stand alone trans cooler. 250k out of one isn't a big deal any more.
Sure the 4L80E is bigger and stronger but it's gonna cost a lot more.
He's is a post from another forum I'm on that was the gold standard for those trans.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/show ... rebuilding
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I don't remember what transmission was in AlaskaTRX's Jeep, but a couple summers ago it needed rebuild. The shop he took it to upgraded it to whatever the current heavy duty model of the transmission was, for essentially the cost of a normal rebuild.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Denis wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:2017 gets off to a good start as a very nice sized doe wandered by the blind this afternoon. She is hanging from the deck now. :D
Waidmannsheil!
Waidmannsdank
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, it looks like im buying a phase perfect inverter...

There goes 2grand +...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:So, it looks like im buying a phase perfect inverter...

There goes 2grand +...
Um, why? What does it get you, why is it desirable? (I really am curious, because I don't know. Please educate me.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Weetabix wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Got the Suburban back from the shop yesterday. Carb & timing reset, passenger side header reattached. It's like a whole new vehicle.
And... the transmission went out 300 miles from home on the way back from deer camp. It's in Lawson, MO waiting for the transmission shop to open on Tuesday. Dammit. :roll:
Called the shop. The rebuild is done, but on the test drive something else was making noise. A fork in the transfer case is... forked. :roll:
They ordered one to be overnighted from Oklahoma, so now, I need to call them at 1 pm tomorrow to see if the part a) arrived, b) if it will be done by 5, and c) whether I drive up there or not. *sigh*
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:So, it looks like im buying a phase perfect inverter...

There goes 2grand +...
Um, why? What does it get you, why is it desirable? (I really am curious, because I don't know. Please educate me.)
Because a lot of CNC machines dont like rotary phase converters, as the power generated is relatively dirty. The individual im buying from is updating to a newer version as it has braking resistors, which he needs for his nice shiny new Brother Speedio .

They actually generate a cleaner sine than typical 3 phase as supplied by the power company, and can get ridiculously expensive - the pt-3160, so called "60hp" with a nominal amp rate of 190, is something like 13 grand. And can run a half dozen smaller cncs.

My plan was either keep an eye out for a cheap phase perfect, or buy an american rotary hybrid new, which, inicentally would cost close to what i paid for the phase perfect. Still gonna upgrade to the big phase perfect if i see the opportunity, or if i need to run more machines. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Just finished replacing the kitchen faucet for the third time since we moved into this house. So far, the one that has lasted the longest has been the cheap Chinese POS that I installed the first winter here, when I was still in A&P school. New one is a Price Pfister which I will never buy again. It doesn't include the flex hoses (like the previous units did), but it does include a couple funky adapters that you are supposed to attach to the flex hoses (sold separately) that push onto the faucet connection and attach with a spring clip. Which can spring out during installation, and fall down behind the plywood that can't be removed from under the sink without major kitchen surgery, thus necessitating a third trip to Lowe's, who does not stock the part or anything like it. Finally found an acceptable pin at the local hardware store. I should have known from past experience to just go there first, since that is where I always seem to end up. They are also about 50 yards from the LGS where I bought 3 of my cans; probably a good thing they were already closed.