Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
blackeagle603

Re: Does not follow...

Post by blackeagle603 »

HTRN wrote:So, wranglestar has a video out on gunsafes, and I had to shut it off halfway through, to keep from stroking out.. :roll:
Looked that vid up...

So he's gone from a safe a guy can cut thru the sides with and angle grinder in 15 minutes, to one that a guy with a double bitted axe or digging bar can go thru the front in 1-2 minutes?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:
HTRN wrote:So, wranglestar has a video out on gunsafes, and I had to shut it off halfway through, to keep from stroking out.. :roll:
Looked that vid up...

So he's gone from a safe a guy can cut thru the sides with and angle grinder in 15 minutes, to one that a guy with a double bitted axe or digging bar can go thru the front in 1-2 minutes?
I guess positioning a safe so there is no access to the back or sides was too complicated for him.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Was surfing Numrich and came across this:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1436110.htm

AAC manufactured 16" 300 Blackout AR barrel, $160. Can't beat that with a stick, over $400 on AAC's site but currently out of stock there.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:
Looked that vid up...

There were so many bad ideas in that vid. One, burglers make a beeline straight for the master bedroom, so putting it in the master closet is the worst idea imaginable.Two, putting it out in the open, where it can be seen, and therefore attacked (which is why putting a safe in the garage is a remarkably bad idea). Two, complaining that a thief will be able to get in with a battery operated grinder in less than an hour is retarded. I can get into anything short of a full blown bank vault in less than an hour with a 110v plasma cutter. But heres the thing, "professional" thieves like in the movie are almost non existent in real life, and most of the time, theyre not robbing houses because the paoff is generally too small. What you do hve to worry about is the typical smash and grab artist whos robbing you to get his next fix. Generally they want to be in and out as fast as possible, and a way to ensure that is an alarm system, as it forces the to a very short timetable.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Mine's in the garage because it weighs 1,650lbs empty.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I particularly liked how his plan to access his bedside pistol safe is to open up the main safe, and get the key to the bedside safe.
Last edited by Netpackrat on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JAG2955 wrote:Mine's in the garage because it weighs 1,650lbs empty.
The problem with having them in the garage, is that every time you open the garage door, its visible to everybody - most burglaries are done by somebody who lives in the area.

And sixteen hundred pounds aint that bad, my mill weighs 1200 hundred and i got it down a flight of internal stairs. If you have outside basement access, it shoulndt be that hard to get it down there. Something else he brought up was chinese drywall. Once again, thats a problem with rscs, real safes usually have a decent fire rating, usually by lining with high temperature insulation. Yes your guns are gonna be damaged, but a decent fire rated safe might mean the difference between salvage and scrap.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

HTRN wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:Mine's in the garage because it weighs 1,650lbs empty.
The problem with having them in the garage, is that every time you open the garage door, its visible to everybody - most burglaries are done by somebody who lives in the area.

And sixteen hundred pounds aint that bad, my mill weighs 1200 hundred and i got it down a flight of internal stairs. If you have outside basement access, it shoulndt be that hard to get it down there. Something else he brought up was chinese drywall. Once again, thats a problem with rscs, real safes usually have a decent fire rating, usually by lining with high temperature insulation. Yes your guns are gonna be damaged, but a decent fire rated safe might mean the difference between salvage and scrap.
No basement, and all tile floors in the Texas house. Luckily, it's a side-opening garage, and the safe is difficult to see from the street. Mine's lined with ceramic blanket.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If I had to keep a safe in a garage for any length of time, I would build a closet around it out of reinforced concrete.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:I particularly liked how his plan to access his bedside pistol safe is to open up the main safe, and get the key to the bedside safe.
Wow, that rates one of those 'Jackie Chan going WTF?' memes.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr