Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Found a security issue at work today. Wasn't initially 100% sure it was real. Took it to my boss, who is actually technically strong in that area.

His reaction was "Hmmmmm. Shit, this is for real. Good catch."

Then, after a pause.... "You know you just made a lot of work for everyone, and they're all going to hate you now? "
We both laughed. I had a coughing fit (over the flu, still sick with evil respiratory crud). Good day at work.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.axios.com/scoop-skirmish-in ... ecc6f.html

It is clear to me that some subset of the Chinese government is looking for a showdown. This is just the latest example of it.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:https://www.axios.com/scoop-skirmish-in ... ecc6f.html

It is clear to me that some subset of the Chinese government is looking for a showdown. This is just the latest example of it.
I suspect the part that wants it, is desperate for it because they need it to happen before they implode. And before we recover from Obama. That is, if they hope to actually win.

Sobering thought, the Japanese were making similar calculations at one point.....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Oldest daughter, youngest daughter, and I went to the range Saturday to get in some trigger time.

Oldest daughter thinks it both boring and cheating to shoot at 7 yards. She generally shoots at 10-15.

So, we went out to 25, put up some splatter targets, and shot for score. Little wretch outshot me. I'm both proud and chagrined.

We put up some small silhouettes, too. With no indication of where we were hitting, she won again. (/cursing).

I need to get new glasses, and go without her a bit to tune up, then try again. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I have mixed emotions about being out-shot by someone I've trained. On one hand, I REALLY hate to lose, at anything.

On the other hand, I must have done a stellar job of training them, if they can out-shoot me!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

That's how I comfort myself.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I thought the days of Sunoco blue being available at the pump outside of stations around tracks were long gone...

Apparently not - just found a station on rte 18 just outside sayreville that sells "260gt"(100 octane) just outside Sayreville. :twisted:

Now to find some E85..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Massive load of LE Trade In Glocks showed up on AIM's page this a.m.

Want that 35. Want, want, want......
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/di ... yle-rifles

Okay, maybe I am stupid, but didn't they stop selling them a few years ago?

BTW - I am going to look at this move from some of the big box retailers against stocking ARs and such as a plus as that means the Mom and Pop places will have a competitive advantage and I think long term, we need those guys out there.

The law of unintended consequences and all that....
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

They're no loss really. The real thing to remember with them is getting "sporting goods" into the web adress. If you leave that off, be prepared... :shock: