Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Gin and tonic with Meyer lemon instead of lime is surprisingly nice. I'm out of limes but have a whole Costco-sized bag of the lemons.....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
evan price

Post by evan price »

Our Ohioans for Concealed Carry annual picnic was today. Meet some old friends, listened to some speeches, had some good food...and won a gun from the door prizes.
Ruger 10/22 tactical with threaded barrel.
Mrs price didn't complain i was bringing another gun home.
Also scored a 50-round box of 9mm 115gr+p Gold Dots and a Beretta banner for the gun room.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

The good news - the house is under contract.

Also the good news - we found a large lot that we like.

The not so good news. We need to find a rental fast and get moved out of the house, just dropped a crap ton of money as the son (not the one at USNA) is going off to college this week and we still have to find money for a deposit and various other things. We will do it, but I hate the getting crunched like this. It is funny how big expenses always come in groups.

I suppose we could always live under an overpass for a few weeks until we find a place :D

Anyway, the wife is going back to working full time again for the first time about 9 years, so that will be very good from a financial (and probably her sanity) standpoint - but it doesn't actually help until the paychecks roll in.

Interesting times. (Good but "interesting")
randy

Post by randy »

I understand a Van down by The River is a trendy place to stay... :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote:I understand a Van down by The River is a trendy place to stay... :mrgreen:
Well the wife and I decided that we could not force ourselves to pay rent for a house when the mortgage for a similar sized house would be like half of that.

..... So now we are quick looking for a house that is:

1. Cheap
2. We would not mind living in
3. In an area that we could rent out easily when we are ready.

Plan is to buy it as rental property (i.e. through an LLC) so we can just switch it over as soon as a permanent place is done. The flexibility will be good too since we have no idea how long the buy land / build a house escapade will take. Especially as we have not even chosen the land yet or picked a builder.

Not a lot of time to do this though. Need to pick something in like the next week.

Fun stuff - not.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Vonz90 wrote:
randy wrote:I understand a Van down by The River is a trendy place to stay... :mrgreen:
Well the wife and I decided that we could not force ourselves to pay rent for a house when the mortgage for a similar sized house would be like half of that.

..... So now we are quick looking for a house that is:

1. Cheap
2. We would not mind living in
3. In an area that we could rent out easily when we are ready.

Plan is to buy it as rental property (i.e. through an LLC) so we can just switch it over as soon as a permanent place is done. The flexibility will be good too since we have no idea how long the buy land / build a house escapade will take. Especially as we have not even chosen the land yet or picked a builder.

Not a lot of time to do this though. Need to pick something in like the next week.

Fun stuff - not.
My wife and I did that while we had our house built. Worked out well. Lived in the house for about 6 months, then made just over closing costs.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It got weird on the Homemade Submarine

I'd guess the skipper was pleased with his reporter and took her out for a little boat ride. I suspect he got a "lil' bit rapey" out there and may have done something he couldn't come back from.

The sub foundered and only he was rescued, whereupon he told the CG folks that his passenger died on the shakedown and he "buried her at sea in an undisclosed location in the bay". He also mentioned he was "toying with some controls and an error occurred".

He was, of course, immediately arrested.

A limbless, headless female torso was recovered mere hours after all this happened. He did seem to neglect to mention he buried her at sea in numerous undisclosed locations.

I suspect the skipper is about to have a very, very bad time. He should be keelhauled, but I'd worry it'd be over too quickly. I am amazed that he tried to pass this story off at all as if the authorities would say something like "Oh, thanks for the tip, we'll see if we can recover her, completely understand your situation, rough going and all that, can we get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Another reporter?"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Submariner said, "I was toying with various things on the submarine, then an error occurred."

That could mean anything:
- I was toying with the reporter, she objected, and I killed her.
- We were seeing who could get their fingers closest to the propeller, and she won.
- Anything else.

Sounds like he deserves a very, very hard time.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Steamforger wrote:It got weird on the Homemade Submarine

I'd guess the skipper was pleased with his reporter and took her out for a little boat ride. I suspect he got a "lil' bit rapey" out there and may have done something he couldn't come back from.

The sub foundered and only he was rescued, whereupon he told the CG folks that his passenger died on the shakedown and he "buried her at sea in an undisclosed location in the bay". He also mentioned he was "toying with some controls and an error occurred".

He was, of course, immediately arrested.

A limbless, headless female torso was recovered mere hours after all this happened. He did seem to neglect to mention he buried her at sea in numerous undisclosed locations.

I suspect the skipper is about to have a very, very bad time. He should be keelhauled, but I'd worry it'd be over too quickly. I am amazed that he tried to pass this story off at all as if the authorities would say something like "Oh, thanks for the tip, we'll see if we can recover her, completely understand your situation, rough going and all that, can we get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Another reporter?"
Wouldn't work, his name's not Kennedy.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Not sure if parody or serious:

https://youtu.be/qBfb2w03Vu0
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop