Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

Obama's out AND Hillary's not in. [heaves big sigh of relief]
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, it looks like I'm buying a hurco..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Weetabix wrote:Odahi-

Hm. I'm using your "won't use" tool for stripping and cutting. Maybe that's my problem. I have a good, connector-specific crimper. No problems with it. It's the cutting and stripping that give me a problem.

Ugh, but the price of that stripper for several times a year! I'll go looking for a more economical one that's not as crappy as what I'm using, though.

Thanks for the tip!
There is an "Ideal Stripmaster" that is a LOT less money. It's a good tool, at work I am required to use the expensive ones. Linky:
https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Industries ... T84T40FHWZ

These light-duty ones are more for electronics: https://www.amazon.com/Xuron-170-II-Mic ... ters+small

These are pretty good for automotive work: https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-D257 ... sh+cutting

Either set will be a big step up. It's the alignment of the cutting edges and their sharpness, and in strippers the precision and alignment of the jaws that makes the difference. I really like my LIndstrom cutters, but they're expensive, and not needed for most usual jobs.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

evan price wrote: One problem with their system is if the 4x4 isn't used much they get moisture buildup in the motor and switch on the actuator. Bad connections. You can remove the actuator motor and clean and grease the connections inside and that helps. Or get in the habit of just turning the 4wd on every month or so.
If you can get it working try cycling it on and off a few times every tune you drive it fur the next little while. I find the more it's used the quicker it engages.
We bought another one...08 sequoia...and i bet the po never used it.
My 03 tundra and 04 sequoia go right in because i use it often.
It is working right now, and I intend to exercise it much more often. I live in town, and drive to work on major roads almost the whole way. I haven't had to use it in several years, but I hadn't realized that there was that much of an issue. Thanks for the heads-up, it's much better to have it working, I HAVE had some nasty commutes in the past, and it probably saved me embarrassment or worse.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

HTRN wrote:So, it looks like I'm buying a hurco..
:shock: jealous. a 42?
evan price

Post by evan price »

Cobar wrote:On purpose, or a really big oops?
Obsolete, can't be resold or reused, had to be destroyed.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cobar wrote:
HTRN wrote:So, it looks like I'm buying a hurco..
:shock: jealous. a 42?
No, i dont have that kind of money. :lol:

Like i said, my boss, or rather THE boss, who ive been working closely with since I came back, on this Verizon project (I'll talk more about it after the Superbowl) mentioned that after fooling around with it while i was out sick two weeks ago, decided to replace all the non upgradeable machines in the company , because of differences in the control, and he agreeded with me on my buttons in wierd places comment ;) . Anyhoo, yesterday was shipping day on the project, and it went "mostly done" . Was there making emergency parts and drill jigs till 930, and didnt show up to the party till it was mostly over. I managed to catch his ear for a minute, and asked him if they sold it yet, and if not, what does he want for it. "Well, brooks offered us 25 for it for resale", I said I'd match that, and his response was he'd rather sell it to me, anyway... :mrgreen:

I would have actually preferred the 42, but, even though its the third oldest hurco they own, its still a bigger machine thats only 3 years old, so its gonna be out of my price range.

He did ask me what i plan to do with it initially - auto parts, with maybe some fishing gear (I've got an idea for a line loading machine reels that i may wind up selling), then after i move... an LLC and ITAR registration. :twisted: Hell, I'll even do small quantity contract job shop work, just nothing involving firearms until ITAR is handled.

Next, gotta find some pce for it, ideally with 3 phase.. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

still jealous
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I hope Atlanta crushes the Patriots in Houston. :evil: