Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
dfwmtx

Re: Does not follow...

Post by dfwmtx »

2016, the end of an era, and 2017 to be the dawning of a new age.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Got the Suburban back from the shop yesterday. Carb & timing reset, passenger side header reattached. It's like a whole new vehicle.
And... the transmission went out 300 miles from home on the way back from deer camp. It's in Lawson, MO waiting for the transmission shop to open on Tuesday. Dammit. :roll:
Lemme guess, half ton with od auto? :ugeek: :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cobar wrote:That is why you hire people with really big fork trucks to move them.
We did it in house, because the 5 axis in question, would not clear the electrical cabinet door of the monster 3 axis that is going next to it. We only had to move it something like 20 inches, and we have skates. Still, two guys pushing a 17k lb machine is not fun. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote:
Weetabix wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Got the Suburban back from the shop yesterday. Carb & timing reset, passenger side header reattached. It's like a whole new vehicle.
And... the transmission went out 300 miles from home on the way back from deer camp. It's in Lawson, MO waiting for the transmission shop to open on Tuesday. Dammit. :roll:
Lemme guess, half ton with od auto? :ugeek: :|
Damn. You're good. :geek:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The 700r4, as it came from the factory, sucked balls. The 4l60e, which replaced it in the mid 90s, is basically the same transmission with acouple of minor improvements and some electronic controls tacked on. EVERY one of them I've dealt with has been unmitigated pile of crap, ESPECIALLY once the mileage starts getting up there. Personally, i would spend the coin, buy a gearstar 4l80e, and retrofit it before bothering to rebuild one, but thats only if you plan on keeping it. This is one of the major reasons why i wont buy another half ton suburban, the other is the marginal 10 bolt rear-end. This is why im still .looking for a decent non abused 3/4 ton burb, theyre harder to find than an honest democrat. :ugeek:

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote:Personally, i would spend the coin, buy a gearstar 4l80e, and retrofit it before bothering to rebuild one, but thats only if you plan on keeping it.
That's more than I paid for the whole rig. :o
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

2017 gets off to a good start as a very nice sized doe wandered by the blind this afternoon. She is hanging from the deck now. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:
HTRN wrote:Personally, i would spend the coin, buy a gearstar 4l80e, and retrofit it before bothering to rebuild one, but thats only if you plan on keeping it.
That's more than I paid for the whole rig. :o
A replacement 4l60 isn't going to be that much cheaper - a basic rebuild is going to cost you 1600 for a 4l60e, and thats just a basic factory replacement, youre not getting anything better than what you started with.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I keep burning the gasoline, and it ain't getting any warmer. I think we've been lied to...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Vonz90 wrote:2017 gets off to a good start as a very nice sized doe wandered by the blind this afternoon. She is hanging from the deck now. :D
Waidmannsheil!