Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
dfwmtx

Re: Does not follow...

Post by dfwmtx »

OMG, I wish someone had told me earlier how much fun! :D the alt-right is!
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Greg

Post by Greg »

dfwmtx wrote:OMG, I wish someone had told me earlier how much fun! :D the alt-right is!
Milo is like Oscar fucking Wilde. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

When attempting to express how little one cares about a particular topic, is the proper unit of measure give-a-micro-shits, or micro-give-a-shits?

Discuss.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

MarkD wrote:When attempting to express how little one cares about a particular topic, is the proper unit of measure give-a-micro-shits, or micro-give-a-shits?

Discuss.
For everyday stuff, the proper unit of measure is the give-a-shit. You really only need to use the micro-give-a-shit for micro-agressions.

And is the give-a-shit you're talking about a 1-1 ratio to the givafuck that we use in my household, or is there a conversion rate like Imperial to metric?
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

dfwmtx wrote:
MarkD wrote:When attempting to express how little one cares about a particular topic, is the proper unit of measure give-a-micro-shits, or micro-give-a-shits?

Discuss.
For everyday stuff, the proper unit of measure is the give-a-shit. You really only need to use the micro-give-a-shit for micro-agressions.

And is the give-a-shit you're talking about a 1-1 ratio to the givafuck that we use in my household, or is there a conversion rate like Imperial to metric?
Currently measuring the shits I give is like trying to trickle powder using a scale used to weigh railroad cars, just not sensitive enough by multiple orders of magnitude, hence my questions regarding micro-give-a-shit vs give-a-micro-shit. Although I suspect micro is not sensitive enough either and I may have to find a scale measured in nano-shits or pico-shits. I further suspect the shits I give cannot be measured with our current instrumentation, perhaps we need to measure quantum shits.

As for the conversion, it varies from person to person, some people shit more than they fuck, some vice versa (or at least that's what they claim). For some people the ratio approaches zero, or infinity.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

MarkD wrote:
dfwmtx wrote:

Discuss.

Currently measuring the shits I give is like trying to trickle powder using a scale used to weigh railroad cars, just not sensitive enough by multiple orders of magnitude, hence my questions regarding micro-give-a-shit vs give-a-micro-shit. Although I suspect micro is not sensitive enough either and I may have to find a scale measured in nano-shits or pico-shits. I further suspect the shits I give cannot be measured with our current instrumentation, perhaps we need to measure quantum shits.

As for the conversion, it varies from person to person, some people shit more than they fuck, some vice versa (or at least that's what they claim). For some people the ratio approaches zero, or infinity.
Careful.

There's only one place this discussion can go....
The Place - divide by 0.jpg
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

We had a Give-a-shitivity meter on the white board in the back room of our office for a long time. I erased it before the owner came for a visit. Mine was usually hovering around 1/2.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A company called stargazer is now making in the US mind you, cast and machined cast iron pans
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

HTRN wrote:A company called stargazer is now making in the US mind you, cast and machined cast iron pans
Fascinating. It ain't cheap, 10.5" skillet is $80:

http://www.stargazercastiron.com/products/

All machined inner surface, I guess I see why. Due out in April, 2017.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Darrell wrote:
HTRN wrote:A company called stargazer is now making in the US mind you, cast and machined cast iron pans
Fascinating. It ain't cheap, 10.5" skillet is $80:

http://www.stargazercastiron.com/products/

All machined inner surface, I guess I see why. Due out in April, 2017.
Meh. While I can appreciate the work that went into them, it's wasted on a frying pan.