Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Who hasn't had guests like that...?

Post by Greg »

Denis wrote:
A Florida woman who thought her house guests overstayed their welcome was arrested after she shot one of them, authorities said.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Flor ... 95565.html
Florida strikes again. :lol:

I have to admit I've had house guests that tempted me to hit them with a stick until they took the hint and left, but I managed to restrain myself.

A little impulse control goes a long way. (May need to add that to my .sig)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Houseguests, like fish, start to stink after three days.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

HTRN wrote:Houseguests, like fish, start to stink after three days.
This is why I advise people I know to not set up their guest rooms to be too comfy. Second bed....maybe. TV? Mini-fridge? No way! Not unless you're moving an invalid parent/sibling in.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

dfwmtx wrote:
This is why I advise people I know to not set up their guest rooms to be too comfy. Second bed....maybe. TV? Mini-fridge? No way! Not unless you're moving an invalid parent/sibling in.
Our guest room has an old futon and all of my hobby stuff, so I'm in and out all the time.
No, no. Don't get up. I'll be out in a few minutes.
:lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Glad my work week is done and I can stay mostly inside for a few days... Temp has been hovering around zero, and between that and having a fairly high metabolism to begin with, my body has been screaming for calories. But can convert intake into them only just so fast. Got a bit of a respite today in the form of volunteering to do a hydraulic job that nobody really wanted to do, but it kept me in the hangar for most of my shift. Didn't make much of a mess, either, which is always good when dealing with Skydrol.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

There are exceptions. We have two guest bedrooms. We also have one set of friends we never see often enough, when they come over we want them to stay longer. We let them decorate one of the guest bedrooms, with their own stuff. They're kind of packrats, so it's a win-win. Makes the guest bedroom more cozy for them, and helps them get stuff out of their own house, improving it.

But most house guests aren't even good for 3 days. Like the container of milk that you just bought that's sour when you open it....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

"Assault Weapons" bans are rendered irrelevant by 150 year old technology.

https://www.facebook.com/theworldofweap ... 225235326/
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Durham68 wrote:Image
So that's what it looks like when you polish a turd, eh? Nice high gloss.

Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Greg wrote:
Durham68 wrote:So that's what it looks like when you polish a turd, eh? Nice high gloss.
If you can make a Glock that costs $2500, might as well make a Hi-Point that costs $1000.

God Bless America. :D