Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Apparently Mike Dillon passed away a couple days ago.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/remembe ... illon.html
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:Apparently Mike Dillon passed away a couple days ago.

Aw hell. This year just sucks. :(
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Apparently Mike Dillon passed away a couple days ago.

Aw hell. This year just sucks. :(
Without going into any detail, I know a friend of his via another group, who gave me a little more insight into the man, and just what a loss his death is to the gun culture and industry. Apparently his health had been poor for a while.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

First day of rifle season and I have no where to hunt with a rifle. :(

Out with my bow at least, but that is just a different animal. I saw four different deer today (including an absolute moster buck) and did not have a safe bow shot at any if them. :( all woild have been easy rifle shots.

Oh well, going out with the rifle tomorrow at my uncle's place since he is not going out tomorrow. Hopefully, a bit mor luck.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Deer hunting when the deer are not moving is just squirrel watching.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote:Deer hunting when the deer are not moving is just squirrel watching.
What I hate more is sitting in a stand in the dark waiting for first light and listening to the little bastards cavorting below. I always hope it's a deer even though I know it's not. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

How is it that the Sami in Finnland and whatever that bunch over in Tuva I saw in the documentary "The Horse Boy" have domesticated reindeer or at least tamed them enough to ride them, yet we haven't domesticated deer on the same scale like we have cows, pigs, and chickens? I love me some venison and I wonder how come we're not able to raise deer on ranches?

And every time I get venison jerky I swear it's cut with pork or beef.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

dfwmtx wrote:How is it that the Sami in Finnland and whatever that bunch over in Tuva I saw in the documentary "The Horse Boy" have domesticated reindeer or at least tamed them enough to ride them, yet we haven't domesticated deer on the same scale like we have cows, pigs, and chickens? I love me some venison and I wonder how come we're not able to raise deer on ranches?

And every time I get venison jerky I swear it's cut with pork or beef.
Demand. And what youre getting probably is cut with pork or beef fat, for ground meat or sausage, due venison being so lean. Also, keep in mind too, the timetable it probably took to domesticate them. Its not something likely to be done in less than half a century.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

HTRN wrote:And every time I get venison jerky I swear it's cut with pork or beef.
Demand. And what youre getting probably is cut with pork or beef fat, for ground meat or sausage, due venison being so lean. Also, keep in mind too, the timetable it probably took to domesticate them. Its not something likely to be done in less than half a century.
For sausage, you need a little fat. Venison is very lean, and deer fat is nasty stuff.

For jerky, and I have made many many pounds of it, venison is great. Lean, low fat, chewy. Jerky meat.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yep, we'd always get some suet from the butcher to add to our vension sausage.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story