Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

How hard is it to engrave titanium plate? I'm putting some semi-serious thought into getting the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights engraved onto a titanium plate(s) for the future. Kinda like the back of Mt. Rushmore that was never completed.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

JAG2955 wrote:How hard is it to engrave titanium plate? I'm putting some semi-serious thought into getting the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights engraved onto a titanium plate(s) for the future. Kinda like the back of Mt. Rushmore that was never completed.
I'd rather someone take up a collection, then take a page from R.C. Christian, put one up facing the US Capitol, and one facing the White House Oval Office. And make the languages English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, and Mandarin Chinese FWIW. And if there's money left over, replace that stupid gun sculpture in front of the UN with this.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:There seems to be a decent market in doing restorations for people who have the money but not the time / skill / desire to do it themselves.
Absolutely. But I think you'll find in most cases the client owns the car and is paying the shop for parts, labor, and materials. So the shop gets paid regardless of the car's market value when finished.
Yep.

Select Motors is owned by my friend Keith, his wife, and his B-I-L. They do a LOT of custom and restoration work. Their clients have money, and some of their clients have MONEY.

Here's some of their finished work: LINKY
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote:Select Motors is owned by my friend Keith, his wife, and his B-I-L. They do a LOT of custom and restoration work. Their clients have money, and some of their clients have MONEY.

Here's some of their finished work: LINKY
Nice. Interesting that the only British iron shown is a GT-6, of all things. They are really an under-rated car, but OTOH there's nothing quite like spending $30,000 turning a $4000 car into a $10,000 car. I salute whoever sunk the coin into preserving that one.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

dfwmtx wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:How hard is it to engrave titanium plate? I'm putting some semi-serious thought into getting the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights engraved onto a titanium plate(s) for the future. Kinda like the back of Mt. Rushmore that was never completed.
I'd rather someone take up a collection, then take a page from R.C. Christian, put one up facing the US Capitol, and one facing the White House Oval Office. And make the languages English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, and Mandarin Chinese FWIW. And if there's money left over, replace that stupid gun sculpture in front of the UN with this.
I was thinking more of my descendants and the future. At this point in time, I'm thinking it's going to have to be space aliens.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Been binge-watching Star Trek (the original) again, haven't we?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I am so sick of going to meetings (and I am in a meeting with Engineers in China as I write this, plus I have another one when this is over). Fggggg
:roll:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You may be better off doing it in bronze, theres a reason its used for statues.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote:
You may be better off doing it in bronze, theres a reason its used for statues.
Do it in dried up oatmeal. Once you have kids you will realize that it is the toughest material known to mankind.