Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

It looks like I am out of 150 grain 308 bullets again (not counting loaded ones). Midway has them in stock, so it shouldn't be an odyssey to find them like last year.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I hope I can get some Gunkote soon so I will stop adding things to my AK SBR... Once it's refinished, I won't be able to do stuff like try yet another sling mount idea for the stock. This latest one started life as an AR receiver end cap plate thingy, that I cut the ring off and tigged on to the stock to provide another anti-rotation mount.

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Old Doc Heimlich finally got to use the maneuver he invented:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/us/dr ... .html?_r=0

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mrs NPR just commented about how my friends tend to be highly intelligent, but socially awkward dudes (aka assholes). Not sure how I should take that. :roll:

JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Why I love small towns:

It looks like I'm headed up to my land in Idaho next week. I called one of the old motels in town, where I stayed at when I purchased the land. When I spoke to the manager, I mentioned it, and he said "Oh, then you'll get the preferred customer discount." $50/night. It's no Ritz, and not as modern as a Day's Inn, but it's within walking distance to the bar I like and all of the good breakfast places. Can't beat the price and location.

So he asks what time I'm planning on getting in. I told him that I didn't know yet.

He says "If it's after 10, just give me a call beforehand, and I'll leave the door unlocked with the key on the bed. You can finish up the check-in the next day."

Freaking awesome.
Last edited by JAG2955 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

[strike][/strike]
Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:Apparently, a Kennedy cabinet can fit in the back of a Toyota... 8-)
Didn't anyone warn you that cars and Kennedys should never mix?
I thought that was Kennedys, Oldsmobile's, and bimbos who can't swim?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:[strike][/strike]
Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:Apparently, a Kennedy cabinet can fit in the back of a Toyota... 8-)
Didn't anyone warn you that cars and Kennedys should never mix?
I thought that was Kennedys, Oldsmobile's, and bimbos who can't swim?
Istr at least one other Kennedy had something happen while he was in a car....
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Mrs NPR just commented about how my friends tend to be highly intelligent, but socially awkward dudes (aka assholes). Not sure how I should take that. :roll:
There's a BIG difference between 'socially awkward' and 'mean', 'nasty', 'malicious', 'spiteful'..... You should see where I'm going with this.

Assholes are the latter category, IMO.

I have a number of Aspie friends (for fucks sake, my *wife* has many Aspie characteristics) who are well-meaning, generous, thoughtful, kind, sympathetic, etc, people. They're just prone to certain types of annoying social awkwardness at times, but you learn to make allowances. As a plus, they tend to make allowances for times when *you* are annoying and socially awkward to *them*.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Somehow I had like a gig and a half of FreeSpace2 files on my circa-2013 computer.