Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Aesop

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Aesop »

Cruising the net for some decent hiking boots, and apparently one (apparently Chinese) site is a gateway for trojan virus uploads.
Suddenly my entire drive is encrypted and held hostage.
SONOFABITCH
MalwareBytes found the damned things, but after the damage was done.
Managed to salvage some things, but lost all my documents: word, pdfs, pictures, videos, etc. Most were backed up on thumb drives, but it's still an enormous PITA.

The only good thing was that after I saved my favorites toolbar, I took everything back to just-out-of-the box status, and it runs about 200% faster.
I don't negotiate with terrorists, but if they ever find the m*****f*****s who do this stuff, they should be skin-peeled like grapes, slowly lowered into a vat of weak battery acid, and when they pass out, hauled out and beaten back to consciousness with a dry swim fin.

And the process repeated.

I would happily take the first 12-hour shift doing that to the little bastards.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Or you could just buy a mac, and maybe not stroke out as soon.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Well, it looks like Buffalo Bore is full of shit.

I pulled some of the bullets from the .460 Rowland that I had been having problems with. The 255gr hard cast weighed out to 245gr on my RCBS scale. Sample size of 3. Way to go, guys. Anything else that you want to get off your chest?

I bought some Hogdon Longshot and some 230gr Hornady XTPs to work up a .460 Rowland load because I'm hoping to get out to my Idaho land in early June. Adjusting the .45ACP dies for this cartridge is a bitch, but I think that I got it down. I chose Longshot powder because there was the biggest difference between the starting load and max load, 10-12gr

I wish that I had a chronograph so I could find out the velocity. Because I'm shooting it in a revolver, I could stretch the OAL, and try different powders. But not for now, thanks.

I did worry about beating up the frame a little, but then I remembered that S&W makes Scandium frame .44mag revolvers that are even lighter due to a titanium cylinder, like the 329PD.

If this damn thing works well, these grips would be badass.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Aesop, what browser and antivirus were you running at the time? Did you figure out what the name of the malware program was?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Seeing the "news" that Obama is in a lunch meeting with CNN's Anthony Boudarin in Vietnam, I think the US elected a celebrity instead of a president back in '08. Imagine how much more damage he'd been to this country had he not been so distracted by becoming famous.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Apparently, a Kennedy cabinet can fit in the back of a Toyota... 8-)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Apparently, a Kennedy cabinet can fit in the back of a Toyota... 8-)
Didn't anyone warn you that cars and Kennedys should never mix?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:Apparently, a Kennedy cabinet can fit in the back of a Toyota... 8-)
Didn't anyone warn you that cars and Kennedys should never mix?
I'd be more worried being on a Clinton cabinet.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

The Non-Aggression Principle: A social contract for people who freak out at the phrase "social contract"