g-man

Re: Does not follow...

Post by g-man »

Wow. Grendel a dick much?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

LOL, his "Mr. 9 Posts" line. Someone actually caring about forum post count in this, the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fifteen. My sides.

Y'know, I think this is why forums in general are on the decline while social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr et al are the big "thing" now. Especially the more public-but-anonymous ones like Twitter and Tumblr. You can reach a fairly wide group of people and build a circle of online friends without being stomped on by a dickhead admin. And if someone pisses you off, you can block them. They can block you, but that only stops you from interacting directly with them. You can still post whatever you want within the terms of service.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Jericho941 wrote:LOL, his "Mr. 9 Posts" line. Someone actually caring about forum post count in this, the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fifteen. My sides.

Y'know, I think this is why forums in general are on the decline while social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr et al are the big "thing" now. Especially the more public-but-anonymous ones like Twitter and Tumblr. You can reach a fairly wide group of people and build a circle of online friends without being stomped on by a dickhead admin. And if someone pisses you off, you can block them. They can block you, but that only stops you from interacting directly with them. You can still post whatever you want within the terms of service.
You get that on the web. Lots of places like this. Sigforum, Smith & Wesson forum, Ruger forum, Colt forum.

If you have a problem and want advice, you are an isolated sample of one and nothing else ever happened to anyone else.
If you support someone else's problems, you get called an instigator.
If you dare to question why the forum persists in hiding complaints you get called a troublemaker and banned.
God forbid you don't agree with the forum owner. You get instabanned.

The Firing Line is also like this.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Wow that's some shitty moderation. For what its worth I never like to go to forums dedicated to a certain manufacture of guns because I don't have time to deal with all the fanboys. The best ones tend to be mixed use forums like this one. Even platform specific forums with no manufacture allegiance can have serious issues like what M4carbine.net ran into.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Edit to add; after my latest post there, they have suspended me for a week. :lol:
"Perhaps you will learn to heed advice when it's given" :lol:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
evan price

Post by evan price »

Don't you Remember, The Fifth of November, 'Twas Gunpowder Treason Day, I let off my gun, And made'em all run. And Stole all their Bonfire away.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

g-man wrote:Wow. Grendel a dick much?
The guy has a "spock" avatar.

Living in your parents basement can make you a little testy. ;)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Gunnuts wrote:
g-man wrote:Wow. Grendel a dick much?
The guy has a "spock" avatar.

Living in your parents basement can make you a little testy. ;)
The type of person who considers forum post count to be an indicator of knowledge and experience... generally the main experience they have is posting on forums.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Anyone know if there is any video games out there where you actually do get to punch/shoot hippies?
Kinda missing my PS2 copy of GTA: San Andreas at the moment.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:The type of person who considers forum post count to be an indicator of knowledge and experience... generally the main experience they have is posting on forums.
Some of you guys are in trouble, then. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D