Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Was driving today and I came across a road called, no shit, Donner Pass.

Yes, someone named a road Donner Pass.

But all I could think at the time was 'Holy Shit, don't let me break down here!' while laughing hysterically.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Somebody should open a barbecue joint there. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

Greg wrote:Welcome to real life, for the many millions who live in apartments. (And who knows how many millions more who actually have some place to *put* a compressor, and use it.)
Uummmm...................
Slime compressor.jpg
Have this one in my vehicle. I'm pretty sure it will fit in an apartment. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Somebody should open a barbecue joint there. :lol:
I looked a little more and it's a short loop road that has one outlet on the main road in the area (where I was driving) and another outlet onto a slightly smaller but still largish road.

And on that loop road? An apartment complex.

No, I would not live there. The jokes practically write themselves.

"I used to live at 543 Donner Pass, but it was a rough winter so now I'm at 247."
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The record group size at this years World Open in Williamsport is 4.032, shot in Heavy Gun, by Tom Murtiff.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

HTRN wrote:The record group size at this years World Open in Williamsport is 4.032, shot in Heavy Gun, by Tom Murtiff.
Is that at 600 or 1000 yards?
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

1K.

<EDIT> One of the things I noticed was who was making most of the barrels at the top of the list - Krieger and Broughton. Hart was first listed at #10. Lilja at number 25. Those darlings of Arfcom - Brux? Nowhere to be seen. Bartlien? Highest rank was #85. Scope of Choice was Nightforce(oddly, I figured to see at least one March, but then, they're nearly 3 grand these days), with a large Minority choosing Leupold. There were only a couple of others.

toad

Post by toad »

http://www.engraversjournal.com/article ... index.html
Alferd E. Packer, A cannibal, whose first memorial was to the University of Boulder Colorado cafeteria by the students who were somewhat disgruntled by the quality of the food. Now the University has a "bar and grill" named after him with various foods named after him.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

You should note that the article is about a cafeteria at the Department of Agriculture in DC being named after Packer.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
toad

Post by toad »

If you read the article you'll see that the students at the University did it first. 1968 vs, 1977.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alferd_Packer