Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, people like him are going to do what they love - making money is a secondary consideration.

Yeah, Mom is doing okay, They're gonna do surgery late next week to clean out the plaque in her arteries which caused this in the first place - said she had almost complete blockage, and if she doesn't have it done, another stroke is a question of if, not when. Her vision has improved slightly, but it may never go away.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Suddenly, I'm a great-uncle.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So let's see, I have to be at work at noon - 5 hours earlier than normal, and I was there till quarter after three. Add in the fact that they're transferring my mother today(and nobody there can give me a time yet. :roll: ), and to top it all off, my new phone is $$%$# - I don't know if it doesn't recognize the SIM card, or if it's a problem on T Mobiles end....

FUCK MY LIFE. :evil:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN - sorry to hear about your mom. The phone problems probably make that more difficult to deal with.

Now my stiff neck doesn't seem so bad.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Flipped the SIM card over, and now it works fine.. Now I just have to remember my Router and GMail passwords.. :lol:

I spent all day trying to get ahold of someone to tell me when she's being moved. Finally got a time, got there, and got told "Oh they moved her an hour ago".. :evil: Wound up working till 6:30 this morning on 3 hours of sleep. Right now, I'm riding a sleep deprivation high - gonna wind up crashing soon.

I hate hospitals. It seems like everybody there is an incompetent jackass, unless it involves paying money.

Also, finally spoke to the bank and mortgage broker. The bank didn't impress me too much, they also didn't piss me off like TD. The Broker gave me some bad news - because the house needs work, and it's more than 2 hours from my job, a loan is going to be much pricier than I thought. FUCCCCCKKKKK!

Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Flipped the SIM card over, and now it works fine.. Now I just have to remember my Router and GMail passwords.. :lol:

I spent all day trying to get ahold of someone to tell me when she's being moved. Finally got a time, got there, and got told "Oh they moved her an hour ago".. :evil: Wound up working till 6:30 this morning on 3 hours of sleep. Right now, I'm riding a sleep deprivation high - gonna wind up crashing soon.

I hate hospitals. It seems like everybody there is an incompetent jackass, unless it involves paying money.
I have never met an administrator at a hospital who wasn't an incompetent jackass, *except* in the one vital skill of securing payment. Any service they might be expected to PROVIDE, nope, incompetent jackass.
Also, finally spoke to the bank and mortgage broker. The bank didn't impress me too much, they also didn't piss me off like TD. The Broker gave me some bad news - because the house needs work, and it's more than 2 hours from my job, a loan is going to be much pricier than I thought. FUCCCCCKKKKK!
Sucks. Because I've been declined the opportunity to telework but am set on moving anyway, I may wind up paying cash.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

I really want a 1440p monitor. (4k is nice but there's a cost premium that I find excessive.) My home machine's 21" 1600x1200 is starting to feel small. :lol:

I used to be very strongly in the '4x3 is the *only* true monitor aspect ratio' camp, but so long as you have enough vertical lines/pixels (important for actually getting any work done) I can quite easily learn to live with 16x9 or 16x10. My new workstation at work has a 21" 1080p monitor that more than adequately replaces the old workstation's 19" 1280x1024 screen.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

The parts were spec'ed out a year ago. Designed 9 months ago. Design validated 6 months ago. Kicked off tooling 4 months ago. Now that we are validating the production tooling and the Marketing guys decide that they need a 105C temperature requirement instead of the 75C that they put in the spec document.

The details change from program to program, but it happens on........every ........single ......freaking ..........program.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm redoing a bedroom. 2nd floor under an area of the attic that will see some traffic. The floor in the attic was a mite springy. OK, very springy.

Took the ceiling down in the bedroom. Ran the lights. I figured I'd go back with 1/2" plywood, glued to the joists, to stiffen the celing/attic floor.

The girls want to paint the ceiling - no texture. So I bought plywood sanded on one side for easy painting.

Called a contractor I'd had good luck with before figuring they'd have all the tools and manpower. They arrived today. Three hours later, I get a call:

Contractor: We're all done with your ceiling. Say... you're going to texture that, right?

Me: No. I spent twice as much for sanded-one-side so we could paint it.

Contractor: Hm. We hung two sheets upside down because of the cuts.

Me to myself: I said all along I was going to paint, and I supplied sanded-one-side. And YOU cut it.

Contractor: Well, if it doesn't look OK, we could supply two more sheets and hang the finished side. No cost to you.

Me: Let me look at it, and I'll call you.

Really? I haven't seen it yet, but there's no way this will look right with paint. I'll probably give them the option to replace it or skim coat it ready to paint. I'm glad they don't have any money yet.

But... really?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Weetabix wrote:...
Really? I haven't seen it yet, but there's no way this will look right with paint. I'll probably give them the option to replace it or skim coat it ready to paint. I'm glad they don't have any money yet.

But... really?
From personal experience you have to be very specific in what you tell your contractor about what is to be done and how you want it done.
It never occurred to me that I would have to tell the contractor who did our room addition that all the floors should be flat and level.
They weren't.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?