70+
No votes

Total votes: 82

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by Combat Controller »

Doubt it... ;)

Gotta say, interesting spread, most are under 30, second most are in the 40's...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

CC, i was talking to the folks who were in the real military. not you pilot support people
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
randy

Post by randy »

The Wizard wrote:CC, i was talking to the folks who were in the real military. not you pilot support people
Uh Wizard, I'd suggest you test your Google-fu on "combat control team". CCTs are often on the ground to welcome the first sticks of Rangers and Airborne into the DZs and have been known to have to E&E their own way out after the last extraction bird full of grunts has left the LZ
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Denis

Post by Denis »

randy wrote:
The Wizard wrote:CC, i was talking to the folks who were in the real military. not you pilot support people
Uh Wizard, I'd suggest you test your Google-fu on "combat control team".
randy, I think Wizard knows that. He was taking the mickey. (Since he's half way around the world, I suppose that's safe enough. For the moment...)

Really, you Air Force types are so sensitive... :D
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Denis wrote:
randy wrote:
Uh Wizard, I'd suggest you test your Google-fu on "combat control team".
randy, I think Wizard knows that. He was taking the mickey. (Since he's half way around the world, I suppose that's safe enough. For the moment...)
Indeed i was only joshing.
Denis wrote: Really, you Air Force types are so sensitive... :D
Denis, i was thinking that exact thing :-)

a conversation that i had today with a guy in my platoon:
Me: Dude check it out!!
Friend: Whats up
Its Air Force guys working
bulls**t
really look!
apparently on my FOB there are Airmen that drive M915s and if the stories are true that run guntrucks also

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
randy

Post by randy »

The Wizard wrote:
Denis wrote: Really, you Air Force types are so sensitive... :D
Denis, i was thinking that exact thing :-)
All Right. Clean Kill. Although normally I don't worry about anything a Grunt has to say about the AF (I don't mind because they don't matter :twisted:) They're just jealous because they're part of the deadwood we trimmed away in '47 :mrgreen:

But I do plead guilty to being a little defensive and ready to jump in where our Special Ops guys are concerned. I was never a part of that community, but some experiences I had give me a soft spot for them and they often get the short end in discussions and recognition of the SpecOps community.
apparently on my FOB there are Airmen that drive M915s and if the stories are true that run guntrucks also
IOW helping bail out the Army when they run short, again! ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Glad im not a Grunt then huh?

oh and like i said if the story is true, i havent ever seen them guntruck.

damn i derailed my own thread, wow

randy

Post by randy »

The Wizard wrote:Glad im not a Grunt then huh?
Well, you know us arrogant feather merchant Zoomie types. All ground pounders are either Grunts or Jarheads.
damn i derailed my own thread, wow
A fine tradition with this group. Although I think the record for self-derailment was one post.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

The Wizard wrote:Jennifer, i assure you i meant no offence

oh by the way, i just turned 20 in Nov
None taken. Just had to give you a hard time. There are very few things I miss about being 20. Maybe someday it will change, but for now I will tell my age to anyone that asks. (The profile pick is 2 years old if you're curious.)
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Those margarita's aren't going to drink themselves! Plus, think of all those lonely wives that need comfort while you are off working hard....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.