Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Aaron

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Aaron »

MarkD wrote:Why are we discussing program specs during QA testing?
Oh! Oh! Mission Creep?

Monday morning quarterbacking?

Fickle customers?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Aaron wrote:
Oh! Oh! Mission Creep?

Fickle customers?
1) People wanting credit for doing analysis without actually accomplishing jack shit.

2) People with their heads so far up their asses they have to open their mouth to blow their nose.

3) People from who determine specs by guessing at what the client wants rather than actually ASKING them.
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Oh! Oh! Mission Creep?

Fickle customers?
1) People wanting credit for doing analysis without actually accomplishing jack shit.

2) People with their heads so far up their asses they have to open their mouth to blow their nose.

3) People from who determine specs by guessing at what the client wants rather than actually ASKING them.
4) QA just confirmed that the build they were sent is not, repeat not, actually to spec.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Working late sucks.

Working with no tools that you desperately need(3/16" endmills) really sucks

Working with a cracked fingernail(did that thursday) really, really sucks.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Just finished a two-week home improvement project, basically a shovel-and-wheelbarrow drill. Every muscle in my body is sore. I hurt everywhere but my earlobes.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

My new camera came the other day - a Sony A3000. Not my first choice in DSLRs, as I really, REALLY want a Nikon D7100, but with refurb bodies alone going for almost a grand, A Sony Kit for two bills and change from woot was hard to pass up. Now I gotta scrounge up an SD card, and start combing Craigslist for glass - Sony E mounts aren't exactly the hot commodity to find..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thankfully, Amazon is dumb. They'll often happily ship stuff to Alaska that companies who actually specialize in the stuff, won't.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

If you ever find yourself near Basile, Louisiana, on Tues thru Sat, you really should go by DI's Cajun Restaurant, located at 6561 Evangeline Hwy, Basile, LA 70515. It's a neat old-time restaurant set out in the midst of rice fields, with excellent food.
You can even fly there since they have their own 3000' x 120' grass strip, taxi up to the restaurant, and park in the airplane parking area. That's what a group of us did this past Friday. Took 5 planes(11 people) and flew down, and met another group(5 people) riding in a car.
The food was great(I got the boiling room special, 4 ginormous crabs, shrimp, potatoes & corn), the service quite good, and the landing strip is the nicest grass one I have ever seen.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

It is customary to build the "Engineering Model" BEFORE one builds the "Flight Model." Except when the project is in R&D, apparently, and one wants to say, "We've started work on the Flight Model." Yeah, that works out really well. Especially when one is trying to sell a whole series of these things to one's major customer... Most "rocket scientists" live up to the moniker. Some live up to the quotation marks. :roll:
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Termite wrote:If you ever find yourself near Basile, Louisiana, on Tues thru Sat, you really should go by DI's Cajun Restaurant, located at 6561 Evangeline Hwy, Basile, LA 70515. It's a neat old-time restaurant set out in the midst of rice fields, with excellent food.
You can even fly there since they have their own 3000' x 120' grass strip, taxi up to the restaurant, and park in the airplane parking area. That's what a group of us did this past Friday. Took 5 planes(11 people) and flew down, and met another group(5 people) riding in a car.
The food was great(I got the boiling room special, 4 ginormous crabs, shrimp, potatoes & corn), the service quite good, and the landing strip is the nicest grass one I have ever seen.
I ate there two years ago, accompanying a softball team during the playoffs. Damn fine food.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House